Frontier Tactical War Lock: Turning an AR-15 Into a Multi-Caliber System

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Frontier Tactical War Lock: Turning an AR-15 Into a Multi-Caliber System

Post by QuietM4 »

The AR-15 is already, and has always been, a multi-caliber system. No one needed to invent anything extra to make it so.

Pulling two pins is nearly an impossible task to accomplish.

Racewin

Post by Racewin »

QuietM4 wrote: July 6th, 2020, 5:55 pm The AR-15 is already, and has always been, a multi-caliber system. No one needed to invent anything extra to make it so.

Pulling two pins is nearly an impossible task to accomplish.
Exactly.

From the article..."Previously, this meant carrying around two upper receivers, two bolts, two charging handles and two costly optics." Umm, just like a normal AR upper, when used in the same caliber configs they do, won't the entire BCG and charging handle swap over? Also, I don't think I'd want the same optic on a 7.62x39 and a 6.5 Grendel. And while I could see the benefit of having a short 300 Blackout and a longer 5.56, I don't know that the extra weight would be worth actually carrying around both. And why would someone use 7.62x39 instead of 6.5 Grendel? ...So they can pick up all the extra 7.62 left around by the zombies??
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

Also cost, you could probably buy a normal AR lower and upper in each caliber cheaper than that system in multiple calibers. You could also have multiple lowers and mix match uppers as desired. I think changing barrels with the same optic on the upper would require re zeroing each time you did a conversion. Dedicated upper with optic would retain zero between changes.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 2:12 am Are we misers, Luddites, or haters of innovation that we don't agree with because of the first two making this a full circle?

No one is making you buy it, sorry for posting new developments that I thought were interesting from a technological point of view.
Seems like they disagreed with your perspective, no need act out over it.
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

Sorry, I do appreciate new ideas and products in the gun industry. Just voicing my personal relationship with this concept. I am sure there are others who would find this a solution to their problem. Thanks for sharing it.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 2:12 am Are we misers, Luddites, or haters of innovation that we don't agree with because of the first two making this a full circle?

No one is making you buy it, sorry for posting new developments that I thought were interesting from a technological point of view.
You posted this in a discussion forum.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

This isn’t a “new development”. There have been companies peddling this solution looking for a problem for 10 years. I’ve been to every SHOT Show since 2009, and there is always at least one vendor with this exact product. It isn’t new. It isn’t revolutionary. It’s a waste of money.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:58 pm
Rock Hardson wrote: July 7th, 2020, 11:48 am

You posted this in a discussion forum.
Where negative Nancy's cannot refrain themselves if all they have to say is going to be pessimism and as being displayed, anger. That's not a discussion at all, try again please.
Okay.

Sorry, I fail to see this “Displayed Anger” you speak of. Please, point it out

All I saw was *ahem* discussion

Everyone that doesn’t like what AZ1182 likes, Get The Fu/ck Out!!!!!!!!!!

Is that better, little buddy???
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Rock Hardson wrote: July 7th, 2020, 5:07 pm
AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:58 pm Where negative Nancy's cannot refrain themselves if all they have to say is going to be pessimism and as being displayed, anger. That's not a discussion at all, try again please.
I cannot think critically
Agreed.
So you want me to see manufactured(by you) "displayed anger" because you do???
There is something seriously defective with you. I'm sure that is not the first time someone has said that to you.......

By all means, keep proving me right, buddy
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Yet another prime example of why this forum is going downhill...some people need to keep their feelings to themselves.

Why would I be interested in having an AR-15 that shoots a variety of calibers through a "quick change" system, with large ballistic variances, but only have one optic zeroed to match one of the calibers?
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 7:55 pm
Rock Hardson wrote: July 7th, 2020, 7:14 pm
AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 5:55 pm Agreed.
So you want me to see manufactured(by you) "displayed anger" because you do???
There is something seriously defective with you. I'm sure that is not the first time someone has said that to you.......

By all means, keep proving me right, buddy
You keep proving me right by the fact that you're making this about me and not about the subject, but do on pretending that you've won if that makes you feel any better.

Get back on topic or keep validating me, your call.
What value does this system have?
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

AZ1182 wrote: May 8th, 2020, 8:30 am If anyone gets offended or upset over people not liking what they themselves like, I would strongly suggest seeking the help of a therapist because there's more to it than what meet's the eye with dangerous underlying issues.

Never apologize to bullies and trolls, you have every right to speak your mind.

Unless, of course, people don’t like what you like, then you have a massive temper tantrum :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hypocrisy much???
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 9:58 pm ]Depends on how one see's the value for something. Being able to use a LAW folder and a barrel that comes off and place in a backpack that doesn't scream gun inside, is actually handy when traveling and is of interest.

As for the other calibers, meh. I'd be wanting just the 5.56 in a short barrel, for SBR's or a "pistol" if that's their thing. I could care less for the others, but someone savvier than us can see the value for times like these if they're out of .223/5.56 but has a metric ton of 7.62x39 or 6.5 Grendel and still wants to use their AR15 for general purpose.
Why would you need to remove the barrel on a SBR with a folder to not scream gun in a backpack?

One of mine is under 17". Fits just fine in my small 5.11 Rush10 sling pack.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

All that bag holds is that gun. WTF good is that?

I carry a bag because I need more than fits in my pockets. I'd have to carry two bags with that shitty thing. In my Rush I could carry my folder, two mags for it, a pistol, three spares for it, my ipad, a knife, various pens and markers, a toothbrush, plus charging cables for all my devices...and have my sunglasses tightly tucked away in a soft pouch.

Plus, My folder is ready in less than two seconds.

You'd still be deciding one what caliber to pick minutes later, AND THEN hope you grabbed the right mag. LOL