Springfield Saint

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
freefly
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Springfield Saint

Post by freefly »

Dauph wrote: June 14th, 2020, 6:23 pm Nice! Wouldn’t mind this model.
https://www.springfield-armory.com/sain ... 15-pistol/
They look like decent-quality offerings, but I would personally not bother with anything in 5.56mm using a 5.5" barrel. You don't get much more impractical / unusable than that. If you want a super short-barrel PDW, get one in a pistol caliber. Or, for rifle-caliber, maybe .300BLK or 6.8SPC, with at least a 7.5" barrel. For 5.56, I wouldn't go any shorter than 10.5", and that's already pushing it, IMO. YMMV.

Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Thank you Vyadmirer but I managed to pick one up we really like it. I threw a 1x6 scope on it for her.
During the search I came across a Spikes Tactical Pistol that had to come home with me as well, for this one I am going with an EOTech.
MrTV
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by MrTV »

I had Arizona Firearms order my Springfield Saint Edge directly from Springfield Armory earlier this year and had to wait over a month to receive it. I have had several ARs over the years, still have a Colt M4 tactical, highly customized Colt match target competition and a Ruger SR556, rest were traded off. The Springfield Saint Edge stacks up very well and their customer service is the best I have experienced.

I took a look at the link you provided, looks like the one your looking at has B5 systems furniture, good review here - https://www.thearmorylife.com/first-loo ... ms-saints/