Magpul D50,D60

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
300mag
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Magpul D50,D60

Post by 300mag »

Thinking of getting one of each during memorial Day sales
Anyone have one, if so any problems with them
Are they worth the price

coupeman

Re: Magpul D50,D60

Post by coupeman »

I love the D60. It was really fun using that magazine combined with a fostech echo trigger. A lot of money down range for sure, but a lot of fun.

Like AZ said though, reloading it kinda stinks.
RJS

Post by RJS »

I have a D60. It has been 100% reliable. Its well made and engineered. If you can get one for $120 in hand, it's worthy addition
Limper
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Limper »

I have a few of the D50s that I use for multigun competition. So far 100% reliable for me and everyone else that I know of. No buyer's remorse for me. There are often stages that will require over 25 rounds so they have been very handy. They do have some heft fully loaded but they don't tend to stay heavy for very long. 8-)
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

Have a D60 for some time now. Its been reliable but as noted above reloading is SLOW.

Pretty sure I fractured my little toe when I dropped it on it shoe less a couple of years ago.

I've just given it a couple of squirts of graphite over the years.
Eleroo

Post by Eleroo »

I have never fully understood drum mags. I mean I wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me, but I would rather spend that money of multiple 20 and 30 round mags. To be fair, I also don’t have an echo trigger and massive ammo budget, but I could see the appeal of one of those magpul drums if it did. I have heard what everyone has said about them being reliable.
Eleroo

Post by Eleroo »

I was stating why I have not bought one. I would rather have more standard mags than 1 or 2 D50s. That has nothing to do with how others spend their money. Just commenting on the topic.
Eleroo

Post by Eleroo »

Actually its pretty common for people to make alternative suggestions when people ask about a product. Sorry mine seemed to rub you the wrong way.
Eleroo

Post by Eleroo »

You do realize you are the one that got bent out of shape here, right? My original reply was very friendly. I even commented that my friends that have say they are reliable. I never said the mags were bad, I simply offered my opinion on why I have not purchased them for myself. Apparently the only right answer was to say “stop what you are doing and go buy a magpul drum mag”. Full stop.

Again, I am terribly sorry your feelings got hurt because I didn’t see the same value in this product as you, but I did not see any such disclaimer from the OP. If I ever see a post from you with your little disclaimer, I will respect it and only positive pro-product information or nothing at all.

and just a suggestion... I see people post things I don’t agree with all the time. I just move on and read the next post instead of firing up a reply to tell them they’re wrong and what their option should be. Maybe after a good nights sleep, re-read this thread and I think you will see things started to go sideways on post #8
zold

Post by zold »

I have not had a chance to play with the Magpul drums, but have had a chance to shoot an XProducts that worked well. It is a similar concept: https://xproducts.com/product-category/ ... 6-300-blk/ I've had good luck with Magpul stuff in the past, though.
zold

Post by zold »

Yeah, sorry about that. Too many cool toys out there these days.
zold

Post by zold »

AZ1182 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 6:49 pm
zold wrote: June 5th, 2020, 5:01 pm Yeah, sorry about that. Too many cool toys out there these days.
I'm digging the fact that it's smaller in length than a 30, making it more useful to me than a 40 Pmag quite honestly. Is it easy to load while winding it up?
Not hard, but definitely a two handed job. The process is basically to turn the big knob up front a little, drop in a round, turn the knob a little more, drop in the next round for fifty times in a row.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

AZ1182 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 6:49 pm
zold wrote: June 5th, 2020, 5:01 pm Yeah, sorry about that. Too many cool toys out there these days.
I'm digging the fact that it's smaller in length than a 30, making it more useful to me than a 40 Pmag quite honestly. Is it easy to load while winding it up?
Once you load it a few times you get the hang of it. I bought a couple D60s on sale awhile back 99 each shipped. I'm happy.
electrohawk

Post by electrohawk »

I thought that certain special guys were using those Surefire quad-stacked mags. Are they still in use now?
Seif

Post by Seif »

Other than for matches I don't really see a reason for them, 30 rounds at a time is plenty for me, not to mention cheaper too.