What tiers would you assign AR-15 builds to?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Medjay
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What tiers would you assign AR-15 builds to?

Post by Medjay »

AZ1182 wrote: April 28th, 2020, 2:46 pm White labeling has been going on a lot longer than you would think. I'm not talking about a Criterion barrel that is being stamped BCM either. How many BCG makers are there actually? LPK's? Stock charging handles? Does Colt really makes it's own waffle stocks? A2 compensators, and ETC?

Nothing to be really concerned about unless they're using what I would and do consider, as subpar parts like SA branded UTG parts even though they use BCM parts as well.
Couldn't agree more. I always look for companies that either make their own critical components or that manage tolerances of supplied parts enough that it fits within the recipe that company has created for success. Hodge, Noveske and BCM come to mind. IMO Handles, stocks, LPK's and even hiders are not nearly as critical as barrels, receivers, gas system components and quality BCG's and how they interact with each other.

tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

BCM is my go to at this point. High quality products and service.

I believe them to be right on the edge of where you start to see diminishing returns for your money spent. There's definitely "nicer" stuff out there, but I'm not sure some of it is really worth the price.
dustmaker

Post by dustmaker »

Compared a lot of AR parts including my sons Daniel Defense and Christenson arms lowers and while their certainly nice and demand a premium price I can't see where they are any better than some of mine (old) DPMS, (old) Bushmaster, (old) Colt. My new builds are on Ballistic Advantage upper and lower combos. I know they are Aero Precision made but I like their roll marks better than Aero's.

The only lower I ever had a problem with was a Spikes Forged lower that wouldn't fit a mil-spec upper. Luckily I purchased it from Derek who promptly trashed it when I brought it to his attention. He said they all produce a turd once in a while.

dusty
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

AZ1182 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 1:12 pm Top tier:

Knight's Armament
LaRue Tactical
Noveske Rifleworks
Daniel Defense
Heckler & Koch
V7
Lewis Machine Tool
Centurion Arms
JP Enterprises
PRI
Wilson Combat

Mid Tier:

Vltor
X Products
Yankee Hill Machine
Armalite
ADM
Radian
Sons of Liberty Gun Works
Odin Works
Mega Arms
CMMG
BCM
Colt
FNH USA
Cross Machine Tool
Stag Arms
S&W
Aero Precision
Midwest Industries
POF
2A Armament
Geissele
LWRC
Rock River Arms
Sionics
SLR Rifleworks

Bottom Tier:

Sig Sauer
Palmetto State Armory
Ruger
Delton
Doublestar
Anderson
Springfield Armory
Diamondback
Mossberg
DPMS
Remington

Trash:

Troy

Just my opinion though as it's the only one that matters when it comes to how things get spent from my wallet.
You forgot Barrett
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

You are right. You were also told not to do the same with me. I will clarify with Admin if I can comment on your threads as long as it's not of negative nature.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Well that was a nice book. Hears the truth and I'm sorry if you don't like it. You put stuff up ,I put stuff up ,you want to challenge, I challenged you . Somehow the Admin was brought in. I didn't bring them in ,so must have been you. I kept my bad comments to pm's and Admin found out huh, I wonder . Admin asked me to stop PM ing you and no more comms , I said I would. I said him too. They said he agreed too. Now am.i being lied to or are you. Don't know. All I asked was about Barrett being on the ar list you flipped out and started for your nitro pills. I never bashed or said anything about what u ever did or did not do in the service. I don't care. But I'm trying to be civil you are not. O and I also have Ranger , SF, Delta and many more friends . We don't bust each others balls. We have more respect for each other. I can show you the same. Maybe we need to have a cigar and some moonshine. I will hold out the olive branch.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

All I'm doing now is holding out the olive branch to meet with you, smoke some cigars and drink some moonshine. That's all. No hate on this side. This will be the last chance to be friends.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Top tier. in my eyes:

Barrett
Knight's Armament
LaRue Tactical
Noveske Rifleworks
Heckler & Koch
LWRC
Christensen Arms