What tiers would you assign AR-15 builds to?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Re: What tiers would you assign AR-15 builds to?

Post by Elk34 »

Cool, then let's start bashing on people then. I mean hell since we both strayed off topic, why not?

Ballistic Therapy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: April 18th, 2020, 10:09 am
I remember reading somewhere that the FBI was telling Weavers kids the morning after they killed his wife that they were making pancakes for breakfast and what was their mom making for them.

That is some straight up morally depraved evil s*** that I had ever saw.
I am not defending what they did , but the FBI did not know they killed his wife until several days later.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:53 pm
Cubiclerevolt wrote: April 18th, 2020, 10:09 am
I remember reading somewhere that the FBI was telling Weavers kids the morning after they killed his wife that they were making pancakes for breakfast and what was their mom making for them.

That is some straight up morally depraved evil s*** that I had ever saw.
I am not defending what they did , but the FBI did not know they killed his wife until several days later.
I never bought that crock of scheet. Horiuchi saw her up close and personal as he killed her, and knew that he did so. Absolutely no phuking way they didn't know.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yip, as above, ROE is identify target before green, he knew who and what he shot, any long ranger knows what hes shooting at, he killed her for sure, and intentional.

jmo
Rj
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Yup sure did that SOB. Strait to hell I tell ya
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

AZ1182 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:01 pm lol, you already did that yourself by listing makers in alphabetical order and what the OP asked for, and by doing that post as well.
Yeah it was a tad douchey but I've noticed that is his modus operandi.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

To stay on topic i sincerely wanted to know where builds stayed so I can point others in the right direction. I have my recommendations but I know I am missing others that may be a better fit for those just now getting into the market to purchase an AR.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:05 pm To stay on topic i sincerely wanted to know where builds stayed so I can point others in the right direction. I have my recommendations but I know I am missing others that may be a better fit for those just now getting into the market to purchase an AR.
Look I tride to stay close to topic. But like these others on here talking about things that have nothing. I mean nothing to do with the OP's question might just be better. What do you think guys :banana-dance:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

You got what you should have. Talking about death has no part of the OP's question. Idiot. You want to do that. Hell have at it, in another thread. Grow up :laughing-rolling:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:05 pm To stay on topic i sincerely wanted to know where builds stayed so I can point others in the right direction. I have my recommendations but I know I am missing others that may be a better fit for those just now getting into the market to purchase an AR.
Look at what you want to spend. You can build good rifles with mil spec stuff cheap. After that it personal preference on how much you want to spend.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Just can't let it go. Anyone else die lately you wanna talk about?
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

AZ1182 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Honestly, with new folk tell them to get a Palmetto, it supports a very good supporter of our 2A rights and it's a decent rifle for doing what has to be done for HD when you get right down to it. For the guy or gal that wants to really get into it, have them buy a Colt or a BCM if they have a better budget, if no budget, a DD or a KAC. Just my take on that.
Perfect. Thank you! :greetings-clappingyellow:
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: April 17th, 2020, 12:10 pm I always wonder and try to balance out where different manufacturers fall on pricing, reliability, accuracy etc.

Who would be top tier builds?

What are middle of the road builds?

What are pretty much the "jennings" and "lorcins" of AR builds?

I have mine lines but others would be probably more bougie than myself.

For me as an example I would say:

Top Tier:

BCM
Noveske
Daniel Defense
YH
LaRue
POF

Mid Tier:

Aero Precision
Ruger
Sig
S&W MP
Spikes
Springfield Saint Series

Poors Tier:
This is a hard one because for me and it's funny I actually have a DPMS (Who no longer exist) which was my first AR that I bought over a decade ago does a great job on being accurate and is pretty damn reliable. Only had the bolt seized from the lacquer on a steel casing caused it get gummed up after shooting all day in the AZ heat while shooting prone at an Appleseed shoot.

A lot of these companies seem to fade out or you never hear from them.

Let me know your thoughts.
This can be a tough topic to help with. I think it's important to first understand what the user is trying to accomplish because any/most all of the current companies selling out there have very different levels of performance both in what they claim and what is tried/true.

For example, needing to use a carbine for defense/hunting/fighting is a pretty serious task. The carbine needs to be reliable ALL THE TIME. That's a tough order given the ranges of ammo and aftermarket parts used to keep operations less expensive than an operator with almost zero budget limitations.

An analogy I can supply is this: when racing motorcycles my loved ones always pushed me to purchase the most expensive (congruently best performing) helmet I could afford. I saw others crash with more "value priced" brands and it didn't always end well for them.

I think that when it comes to products you would potentially place your survival on that a similar mindset should be considered. Yes, you can hope that a lesser costing product will perform as well as a top tier product will. Hoping is nice, but I'd always defer to relying on products that perform through use over a history and not a product that is "hoping" to do that because it looks similar.

Also, as a consumer keep in mind that there are less that a dozen large volume AR parts producers in the country. The amount of white labeling that occurs to companies that appear regularly is alarming. In my professional life I come across the same 8-10 brands pretty regularly. When I'm asked what a person should strive (and save) to purchase their carbine I tend to recommend those.

They are and in NO particular order:
Daniel Defense
FN
Seekins Precision
Knight's Armament
Bravo Company
Colt
Hodge
Noveske (old)
LWRCi
Barrett

Best of luck, YRMV
Last edited by Medjay on April 28th, 2020, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Medjay wrote: April 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm
There was no post Medjay!
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: April 28th, 2020, 1:12 pm
Medjay wrote: April 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm
There was no post Medjay!
Sorry man, I've been taking work calls all morning and I gorilla fingered the wrong button. I responded now. Thanks man, good luck.