Criterion barrels

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Re: Criterion barrels

Post by Elk34 »

:happy-partydance: To keep the peace, I ask that anyone that has no actual experience to please refrain from commenting in any negative fashion as it does nothing positive.

Good luck with that one

Jack Dupp
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Jack Dupp »

I don't have a Criterion AR barrel, but I do have one of their pre-fit Savage barrels. It is VERY well made.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

6.5 Creedmoor. To be honest, I haven't shot it yet. But everything is perfect to my eye. The rifling, smoothness of the bore, machining, threading, finish, etc. I know I won't know for sure until I shoot it, but I generally know quality when I see it. I also have a Rock Creek prefit that shoots awesome, cleans up in a snap, etc. Best barrel I've ever owned. And the Criterion looks as good or better than the Rock Creek.
G34

Post by G34 »

ive done many many assemblies with pre fits on bolt guns with criterion and they are awesome
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

What prices do they bring? Just want to compare to proof research.
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

They make excellent barrels. Both for AR and Bolt guns. Very good people too. Northland Shooters Supply is a good retailer for them too.
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

NSS is their distributor (I believe). They can mail you one. I think you will be happy with the barrels, they shoot and don't cost an arm and a leg.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

I bought a bunch of them to re barrel several of my M-14's with. I installed them, did the final cut of the chamber with a M-118LR pull through reamer. Pulled them apart and had them salt bath nitrided, cryo treated and then put them back together. All shot 1/4 inch at 100. I never remove the copper from my barrels, they shoot better when the copper fills the imperfections in the barrel. Clean for powder residue only. I also don't do barrel break in crap either. I should get 20-30K rounds before i do it again. I shoot out to 1,000 with these rifles and they hit the target if I am steady enough that day.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I like proof research barrels. I had a lot of different ones over the years. Cutting as much weight of the weapon as possible allows me to carry it longer
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

Glad you got one. Primary Arms are good people too. I hope it shoots well!

This is complete gibberish. Don't do this please :) Clean barrels are predictable barrels. It only take a few rounds to foul a barrel.
"I bought a bunch of them to re barrel several of my M-14's with. I installed them, did the final cut of the chamber with a M-118LR pull through reamer. Pulled them apart and had them salt bath nitrided, cryo treated and then put them back together. All shot 1/4 inch at 100. I never remove the copper from my barrels, they shoot better when the copper fills the imperfections in the barrel. Clean for powder residue only. I also don't do barrel break in crap either. I should get 20-30K rounds before i do it again. I shoot out to 1,000 with these rifles and they hit the target if I am steady enough that day."
outdoorplay

Post by outdoorplay »

338lapua wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:31 am I bought a bunch of them to re barrel several of my M-14's with. I installed them, did the final cut of the chamber with a M-118LR pull through reamer. Pulled them apart and had them salt bath nitrided, cryo treated and then put them back together. All shot 1/4 inch at 100. I never remove the copper from my barrels, they shoot better when the copper fills the imperfections in the barrel. Clean for powder residue only. I also don't do barrel break in crap either. I should get 20-30K rounds before i do it again. I shoot out to 1,000 with these rifles and they hit the target if I am steady enough that day.
who in town does the nitrided treatment?
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

AZ1182 wrote: May 7th, 2020, 7:32 am Well it's here finally. Just in time for the forest to be closed to shooting until after the monsoons come! Outstanding.
Momma never said it would be easy :)