Henry Releases New Side Gate Rifles with Standard Removable Magazine Tube

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
needsmostuff
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Henry Releases New Side Gate Rifles with Standard Removable Magazine Tube

Post by needsmostuff »

Deleted some weird kind of double tap post ,,sorry

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

While doing a search, I chanced upon this statement on polygonal rifling,... which sounded so familiar, I thought I would add it to this conversation,...

POLYGON vs REGULAR BARREL - HKPro.com
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun. ... arrel.html
Oct 2, 2011 - It is claimed that polygonal bores offer higher velocity, less bullet deformation, less gas cutting, and easier cleaning. HK pistols have Hammer forged barrels and like Glocks they have polygonal rifling on most that means 5 sided, basically five slightly rounded sides to the bore.

Hmmm,... sound familiar??? :whistle:
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

OK ,,,I'm done with this dead horse beating contest . It has become silly.
Polygon has now become evolved from and equal to microgroove ??????
Doubt the engineers would agree but Hey , your soapbox ,carry on.
Maybe perhaps check what both H&K and GLOCK have to say about cast bullets in their polygon bores.
But wait , they are probably uninformed and did not do their homework either .
My original opinion from before all the sidetracks remains unchanged .
As simply put as I can , conventional rifling will shoot cast better and easier than microgroove.
If you feel compelled to fight the windmills to get an equal result carry on.
After all , a good chef can probably make a turd taste like filet mignon but I guarantee its easier if you start with steak.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Psst, Al... Once shooter444 brings his opinion to the yard, I just put that thread on "dying slow death". His grandstanding usually chases most out, and he clearly has nothing better to do than find new ways to change the font color on this board.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

needsmostuff wrote: May 20th, 2019, 11:12 pm OK ,,,I'm done with this dead horse beating contest . It has become silly.

Does this mean you have nothing to add to the conversation, or, are you going to rant on for a couple more paragraphs before you stop?

Hmmm, never heard of this,... got a link?

Come on guy, I never said one was as good as another, I merely pointed out some similarities in advertisement,... take a breath.

Maybe perhaps check what both H&K and GLOCK have to say about cast bullets in their polygon bores.

Actually, if memory serves me ( and I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong) the Glock warning on shooting lead was a warning because of leading in a Polygonal barrel, with its better sealing capabilities and higher pressure from better bullet fit, caused pressure spikes when jacketed bullets were shot through poorly cleaned leaded barrels. I am not a Glock guy, but I have read many internet posts by guys who are, and who do shoot lead with no problems.

As simply put as I can , conventional rifling will shoot cast better and easier than microgroove.

I never disagreed with you on that needsmostuff, YOU ARE 100% CORRECT, imo!

But, I don't remember that as the topic. I was merely trying to counter you false claims about how worthless micro grooving is,... that's all!

As I stated previously,... to each their own, guy,... no need to get flustered and change horses in mid stream.

One man's food, is another's poison, guy. Just because you prefer not working up loads that are more challenging,... doesn't mean someone who does, is fighting windmills.

After all , a good chef can probably make a turd taste like filet mignon but I guarantee its easier if you start with steak.

Bad move, guy, pulling platitudes from your butt only shows a lack of ability to converse at a factual level. There is no need to get defensive, this is just a simple debate of different opinions,... that's all. You don't like micro groove rifling and I do,.... it's just as simple as that.

If we all were cut from the same mold,... oh what boring world it would be,... NO?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

needsmostuff wrote: May 20th, 2019, 11:12 pm OK ,,,I'm done with this dead horse beating contest . It has become silly.

Does this mean you have nothing to add to the conversation, or, are you going to rant on for a couple more paragraphs before you stop?

Hmmm, never heard of this,... got a link?

Come on guy, I never said one was as good as another, I merely pointed out some similarities in advertisement,... take a breath.

Actually, if memory serves me ( and I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong) the Glock warning on shooting lead was a warning because of leading in a Polygonal barrel, with its better sealing capabilities and higher pressure from better bullet fit, caused pressure spikes when jacketed bullets were shot through poorly cleaned leaded barrels. I am not a Glock guy, but I have read many internet posts by guys who are, and who do shoot lead with no problems.

I never disagreed with you on that needsmostuff, YOU ARE 100% CORRECT, imo!

But, I don't remember that as the topic. I was merely trying to counter your false claims about how worthless micro grooving is,... that's all!

As I stated previously,... to each their own, guy,... no need to get flustered and change horses in mid stream.

One man's food, is another's poison, guy. Just because you prefer not working up loads that are more challenging,... doesn't mean someone who does, is fighting windmills.

Bad move, guy, pulling platitudes from your butt only shows a lack of ability to converse at a factual level. There is no need to get defensive, this is just a simple debate of different opinions,... that's all. You don't like micro groove rifling and I do,.... it's just as simple as that.

If we all were made from the same mold,... oh what boring world it would be,... NO?
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

shooter444 wrote: May 21st, 2019, 7:59 am
.....But, I don't remember that as the topic.....
I just checked and yep the "topic" is still that Henry was now offering side gate rifles.

Which has nothing to do with Marlins and their micro-groove rifling.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Steve_In_29 wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 12:16 am I just checked and yep the "topic" is still that Henry was now offering side gate rifles.

:clap: Hear, Hear :clap:
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

needsmostuff wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 7:39 am
Steve_In_29 wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 12:16 am I just checked and yep the "topic" is still that Henry was now offering side gate rifles.

As stated ,,,long ago ,I AM a fan of Henrys for many reasons. I can and have adopted to them.
But,,,,The loading gate issue has long been a sore spot for many lever action shooters.
The addition of the option IS long overdue and hope it spreads to all their caliber options.
Personally, I would need to look nowhere else for a lever gun.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Pistol grip color case hardened 44MAG carbine? YES PLEASE!
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Needsmostuff, you have been suckered by a troll, he isn't supporting your position, he is just taking advantage of another opportunity to be negative towards me. Which is why he is on my 'ignore / foe' list. Take a look at his posting history for verification.

My reference to TOPIC, had to do with,... OUR TOPIC OF CONVERSATION!

NOT the OP's original topic!

Again, I don't feel there is a right or wrong in our topic of conversation, imo,... just a matter of personal preference! I understand your need to think someone agrees with you, so you can feel like you are right and I am wrong :violin: , but, trolls don't really count, in the real world, imo. :whistle:,... our posts speak to the facts of OUR TOPIC, much more clearly.
Last edited by shooter444 on April 16th, 2020, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Really ??????
Again ,,,, as simply and clearly as possible,,, I am posting on THIS thread to support Henry's move to a loading gate as a positive move . I will not get dragged down another rabbit hole.
In this case Steve is correct The original thread WAS about loading gates and the microgroove thing was a meander carried too far. My post was to celebrate it's return to that. No More, No Less.

Please,,, never again assume to interpret MY reasons or motivations for posting anything.
To do so , having never met me and certainly not knowing me is simply an act of colossal egomania that I will not in the future give any credence to or acknowledge in anyway.
I am happy to discuss anything ,anytime with you .
But I will not engage in petty wordsmanship or have my meanings or motivations reinterpreted .
Last edited by needsmostuff on May 22nd, 2019, 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Yikes , another double tap ,,,,Sorry.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

needsmostuff wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 7:39 am

Too bad he won't see the comment as he has me on ignore because I'm apparently an idiot in his world. Yet we get stuff like what's in this thread from him.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

That's the only feature that's been holding them back a little, IMHO.
Finally, they heeded the call. :mrgreen: