Centurys WASR 10

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
RJS
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Centurys WASR 10

Post by RJS »

I never thought I would say this but the current production WASR 10 from Century are quite good. The angry beavers at Century have always had a reputation for butchering every rifle platform they get a hold of. And how did they manage this one right? With exception of adding U.S. parts and maybe milling the bottom of the receiver to accept normal 30rd mags, the rifle is made in Romania. A few thing I like are the hammer forged CL barrel and its all matching. The serial number is on the bolt, bolt carrier, dust cover and trunion. The furniture is very blond and looks out of place, so I stained mine dark walnut and added a polish bakelite grip as it is a little wider than the one provided. The trigger pull is only OK and could be better. All in all this is an AKM worth a look.

RJS
Attachments
WASR 10.JPG

sonofbp

Re: Centurys WASR 10

Post by sonofbp »

I wish I had bought the palet load of the single stack WASR 10s I was eyeballing that they imported when the sar rifles started drying up...
Would have been $125 per rifle then toss in some us parts, mill out the mag pocket, and bam, $350 rifle back then, $600-$700 now.

A buddy has my old SAR1, an old WASR, and just picked up a new WASR10 to give his son.
They all shoot just fine but the metal work/finish is far better on the more recent gun.
Yotatrd4x4
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Yotatrd4x4 »

The newer wasr rifle us really good. Most only haven minor issues like the wood century puts on is very soft and the stocks crack. The handguard burn because there is no steel spacers. The G2 trigger is not that great. The sights can be canted. As long as you inspect them first they are great guns.
GringoLoco

Post by GringoLoco »

I’ve owned multiple WASR rifles and they were all good. My first rifle ever was a WASR, so they hold a small place in my heart, but I haven’t owned one in over 5 years now, lol, I don’t get emotionally attached to firearms.

Very nice stain job! Looks great!
tubfixer

Post by tubfixer »

Time changes things, not that long ago wasr,s were considered low on the pole, haven't been into ak,s for awhile
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

I've owned a few WASR's and never had a problem with them, wish I had not sold my last one cuzz now I have no AK's
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

tubfixer wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 5:56 am Time changes things, not that long ago wasr,s were considered low on the pole, haven't been into ak,s for awhile
So true. I remember when Egyptian Maadis and WASRs were considered junk. Now Maadis are sought after and WASRs went from $200 AKs to being made out of silver or something.
AZDESERTRAT

Post by AZDESERTRAT »

My first ak was also aN older wasr. I can’t say anything bad about it. Consistently runs on whatever I feed it and is not any less accurate than my arsenals.
javelinadave

Post by javelinadave »

Never had a problem with my WASR. Only mod I did was to refinish the stock and it has always ran like a top. Sad I sold it.
Last edited by javelinadave on November 17th, 2020, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
effjaybay

Post by effjaybay »

I love me some WASRs
wasr-1.jpg
wasr-2.jpg
wasr-3.jpg
wasr-4.jpg
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

I really enjoy the WASR. I did have to send my first one back to Century because it had horrible accuracy (12 MOA!). They told me the barrel was faulty and sent me a new one.

The second one's been great. You are basically getting a real mil-spec gun. Just might want to replace the furniture. The Century RAK trigger group is actually pretty good.
AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

I’ve shot a few. Good guns. Like many I wish I would have pick up a few when were 500 bucks.
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

WASR's were never really all that bad a rifle despite the nickname assigned to them of "What A Shitty Rifle" by many AK enthusiasts . I never really liked the lack of dimples in receivers but there are workarounds for that.

Really the only problem I have with them is now because the extremely high prices they ask for them these days. It just seems ridiculous considering how cheap they used to be.
laabstract

Post by laabstract »

I love my WASR 10's
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

How much is a SAR-1 worth nowadays?