STNGR Hand-guard

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Hansen
ArizonaShooting.org Member

STNGR Hand-guard

Post by Hansen »

Just got my new STNGR hand guard in and had it installed. I like it, it was a blemished model but you couldn't tell where it was blemished at all.
Attachments
John Hansen 2.jpg

Hansen

Re: STNGR Hand-guard

Post by Hansen »

I even went as far as to ad the Blitzkrieg Components chevron front sight. As I am getting older (50 YOA) I need a bit a help, the front black post are not that easy to see anymore. The BC chevrons are a huge improvement. I have the white installed but I also have the red ones too.
Attachments
15039441_706233529530418_872566216095931563_o.jpg
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

The front sight looks interesting.
Imma look into that.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

792mauser wrote: December 27th, 2018, 12:29 pm The front sight looks interesting.
Imma look into that.
I like it, I just got in the orange one. I just made the 50 year mark and I do need a little help in seeing. The black post was a bit difficult, not now with the white chevron.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

That's a serious brake on that gun! I bet that AR shoots really flat.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Jack Dupp wrote: December 28th, 2018, 6:29 pm That's a serious brake on that gun! I bet that AR shoots really flat.
A "brake" helps to reduce recoil (even as minimal as it is in 5.56) and does nothing to "flatten" the trajectory of the bullet.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Steve_In_29 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 7:58 am
Jack Dupp wrote: December 28th, 2018, 6:29 pm That's a serious brake on that gun! I bet that AR shoots really flat.
A "brake" helps to reduce recoil (even as minimal as it is in 5.56) and does nothing to "flatten" the trajectory of the bullet.
Who said anything about the trajectory of the bullet? I'm talking about keeping the muzzle down during firing, which is extremely helpful in keeping your sight(s) on target when shooting rapid strings. Perhaps I should have called it a "compensator"?
Blue109

Post by Blue109 »

Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Jack Dupp wrote: December 31st, 2018, 8:46 am
Who said anything about the trajectory of the bullet? I'm talking about keeping the muzzle down during firing, which is extremely helpful in keeping your sight(s) on target when shooting rapid strings. Perhaps I should have called it a "compensator"?
You did. Flat Shooting Defined

However I apologize, it was presumptuous of me to assume you knew the correct meanings of shooting terminology.

Especially after you used "flat shooting" (a ballistics term dealing with trajectory) in reference to a muzzle brake.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Steve_In_29 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 5:20 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 7:58 am A "brake" helps to reduce recoil (even as minimal as it is in 5.56) and does nothing to "flatten" the trajectory of the bullet.

However I apologize, it was presumptuous of me to assume you knew the correct meanings of shooting terminology.

Especially after you used "flat shooting" (a ballistics term dealing with trajectory) in reference to a muzzle brake.
We get it - you're a self-absorbed know-it-all that desperately wants to be recognized as the smartest guy in the room. That's ok. I just didn't expect a seasoned Marine to be an attention-seeking bloviator. Oh well, I shouldn't have expected anything less from a Kalifornian trying to make himself home on a website for Arizona shooters.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

It does....
I did it just for the looks mainly! But it did soften the recoil rise a lot.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Jack Dupp wrote: December 31st, 2018, 5:33 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 5:20 pm

We get it - you're a self-absorbed know-it-all that desperately wants to be recognized as the smartest guy in the room. That's ok. I just didn't expect a seasoned Marine to be an attention-seeking bloviator. Oh well, I shouldn't have expected anything less from a Kalifornian trying to make himself home on a website for Arizona shooters.
I see you used Google to check a meaning this time. :clap:

As to the rest...
Doesn't know the meaning of a common shooting term...check

Uses term incorrectly while trying to make himself sound smart...check

Instant butt hurt and attacking of the person who corrected him...check

Sounds like someone here is a better fit for "Kalifornia" then I was...they could offer you a safe space
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

OK, whatever. You win. Happy now? Sheesh, I have better things to do than argue with miserable people online. It is funny though that the OP (a long-established and respected shooting instructor, no less) knew exactly what I meant. And didn't feel the need to belittle or "correct" me.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Jack Dupp wrote: January 1st, 2019, 10:08 am OK, whatever. You win. Happy now? Sheesh, I have better things to do than argue with miserable people online. It is funny though that the OP (a long-established and respected shooting instructor, no less) knew exactly what I meant. And didn't feel the need to belittle or "correct" me.
As an "instructor" he is probably well used to dealing with people who use wrong terms. Who I would imagine, then applies the same corrections so that the person is better educated on the subject they are trying to expound on.

However his reply to you didn't happen until after our exchange had taken place.

My original post did indeed correct your improper usage but it was not belittling. My next one was though, since instead of accepting the polite correction like a man you doubled down on the error. You then compounded it even further by lashing out like a hormonal teenage girl at the perceived slight of my daring to point your error out.

So who is the miserable one here...

Have a nice day