SGM Glock mags

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SGM Glock mags

Post by 338lapua »

To get right to the point, companies have been knocking off Glock mags for how long now? They have been doing to for a long time and these folks still cant seem to get it right. Just put together my first PCC that uses Glock mags and I tried one of the SGM mags as the gun store owner said they worked great and were not the troublesome KCI but I bet they make these as well because they suck just as much. Photo added to show what I mean.

On the left is real Glock mag with the round properly sitting between the feed lips and to the rear of the magazine. On the right is the probably Tonk made as well SGM fagazine with the ammo not touched on either side by the feed lips and sitting farther forward, just loose enough and far forward enough that almost every damn round misfeeds and slams into the barrel below the chamber forcing the bullet deeper into the case.

So in short they are pieces of crap just like the KCI magazines where you need to buy 100 of them to get 10 that feed right. If only they spent another ten cents and got their metal insert right as well as their injection mold set up right but I guess that is too much to ask for a $20 magazine.
20181111_132905_resized.jpg

338lapua

Re: SGM Glock mags

Post by 338lapua »

Even empty it is obvious this magazine is way off. Returning it.

45130388154_a89c77a300_k.jpg
superduty38

Post by superduty38 »

I have and use both MagPul and some ETS mags. Both have worked 100%. I just wait for a sale and pick them up. Those other off brands, like the ones you tried, just are not worth messing with.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Done with off brands, looked at the ones you posted but I don't see a metal liner. Magpul mags have given me problems with my Glocks. Think I will stick to Glock mags until someone figures out how to make a proper knock off.
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Who makes good extended Glock mags for carbines ?
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Azbuilder wrote: November 16th, 2018, 1:43 am Who makes good extended Glock mags for carbines ?
I am sticking with Glock. The SGM I bought worked fine the first range session where I loaded it with 30 3 times then the second and third session the feed lips opened up and problems started. I have looked at several brands that are all plastic so I may as well just get it over with and buy Glock as when these fail I will have to buy Glock then.