What do you think my Savage is worth?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
tobylazur
ArizonaShooting.org Member

What do you think my Savage is worth?

Post by tobylazur »

I'm kind of looking for a new rifle that's more focused on long range shooting. I currently have a Savage model 10fp in .308. I turned the barrel back to 19.5", put it in a Bell and Carlson stock, put a Badger Ordinance 20MOA rail on it, and a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x MIL/MIL in Seekins rings.

I'm wondering what this rifle is worth; either as a package, or as just the rifle without the optic? It's not exactly pretty...

I forgot, i have a bolt lift mod a bearing and spacer.

pvreb

Re: What do you think my Savage is worth?

Post by pvreb »

Considering the modifications you have made, it might make sense to rebarrel it to the caliber you want.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

pvreb wrote: August 19th, 2018, 10:17 am Considering the modifications you have made, it might make sense to rebarrel it to the caliber you want.
plus 1 !

I have found Savage's floating bolt head to be very accurate, and a money saver!
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

I would say the rifle is worth about $500-$600. The scope depends on FFP or SFP model. Total package would be around $800-$1000. It might be "worth" more, but Savage does not hold value like some others. The prices I mentioned are, in my opinion, a "would sell" at price. You could always ask more, but if you really want to sell, buyers really want a deal.

A couple questions would be is the scope FFP? Does the rifle take magazines (DBM)? How many rounds? How does it shoot? Who cute the barrel, and is it threaded?

I had a 10FCP McMillan with some work done to it and some aftermarket parts. It was very smooth for a Savage and shot awesome, I sold it for $800.
tobylazur

Post by tobylazur »

The scope is SFP. The magazine is blind, and its the weird bolt spacing (center feed i think they call it?). I cut and crowned the barrel, no threads. I'm not sure how many rounds are through it.

It shoots alright. This is 5 rounds of 168gr FGMM:

Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

tobylazur wrote: August 20th, 2018, 12:41 pmIt shoots alright. This is 5 rounds of 168gr FGMM:

Shoots like a Savage!
tobylazur

Post by tobylazur »

Delfuego wrote: August 20th, 2018, 2:02 pm
tobylazur wrote: August 20th, 2018, 12:41 pmIt shoots alright. This is 5 rounds of 168gr FGMM:

Shoots like a Savage!
It does shoot well. I was thinking that if i could only get $200-$300 for it I'd keep it. I'm starting to do some window shopping for new rifles (see my long range thread).