Christensen Arms

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
schiffer99
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Christensen Arms

Post by schiffer99 »

I have recently become enamored with the Christensen Arms rifles at sportsman warehouse. As I have gone all in on 6.5 creedmor I was thinking about picking one up...but the price is a little daunting. I was thinking the mesa, but to get the stock where I would want it, would require cost and work (cheek riser, detach mag, flush cups, picatinny rail). Then I started looking at the BA tactical or even their modern precision rifle... which doubles the cost. Primary purpose will be as a hunting rifle.

Anyone have one or have opinions on them? Trying to determine if worth the investment or if my infatuation is misplaced.

If I were smart I would drop my $300 ruger american predator in the magpul stock and all it day.... if I were smart.

needsmostuff

Re: Christensen Arms

Post by needsmostuff »

Ummmmmm, it's a hunting rifle. Get your Ruger shooting 1 MOA in the stock it came in. Basic tuning and load development. Then spend 5-6 hundred on glass and another 50-100 on rings. Then go bang it around and go hunting.
In a hunting rifle is there a huge difference between 1MOA and 3/4 MOA ?
If you want a long range sexy lookin bench /range gun to sink thousands into get one of those.
But hunting rifles are tools.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Got to agree with needsmostuff. High dollar rifles are beautiful works of art. The people who should buy them are the people for whom the price is a drop in the bucket. The rest of us are perfectly well served with off-the-shelf guns.

When I win the Powerball, I will get a $12,000 Chuck Rogers pistol, but until then, I will not be unarmed with my Springfields and Kimbers.

Now, about that Mercedes G-class for off-roading....
r0ttie1

Post by r0ttie1 »

I bought the Modern Precision Rifle. Still in the process of breaking in the barrel. Nice rifle.
desertmoon
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by desertmoon »

I own one of their Carbon Fiber DI, ARs. I had to shim the bolt release right from the factory as the bolt release slot was too wide and the follower of a magazine would jam behind the lock feature. I couldn't believe it wasn't caught at the factory.

Other than that, it has been a stellar gun as far as reliability and accuracy after that one fix. In fact, it is one of my favorite ARs and is easily my most accurate. It's stupid accurate.
Skings22

Post by Skings22 »

Have you looked at the browning hells canyon long range? You get a very nice rifle for 1000.00
My buddy has one in 6mm Creedmoor and it
Is more accurate then his 6xc gunwerks and it is a real sharp looking rifle. Just my two cents.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

From $300 to infinity. That's a person preference on what you want to spend on a hunting rifle. Glass, stocks and bipods or tripods are personal opinions that are uniquely based on our own comfort. Comfort is a price tag of the wallet or the wants of the shooter wanting to shoot. I spent 2k on a left handed bolt and reciever. Another 1k on carbon fiber barrel and 800 on a McMillan stock. Glass I just went with a Leopold mark 5 scope. Luckily I know a guy that gets dealer cost.
G34

Post by G34 »

What action costs 2k
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

One that feeds from left ejects to the right, magazine fed, made out of titanium long action. I got a deal on one.
G34

Post by G34 »

Does it have a brand name?
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

No I had it made that way. There are other people that have them I think. I believe had seen Defiance Machine making something like the one I wanted and I think Fierce firearms had them. Surgeon Rifles I think had a left handed one at one time. You know I think Gunwerks had something. But at the time everyone was heavy into making there parts and i went to a friend to have mine done.