Are Anderson M4's any good ?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Are Anderson M4's any good ?

Post by 338lapua »

QuietM4 wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 3:23 pm Fraud is a very strong word. The correct term is "supply chain management". If another company can do it faster/cheaper/better than your company can, with the added benefit of your company not having to use capital to do it themselves, then it's a plus.

Do you think FN/Daniel Defense/Colt/etc etc etc own the mining companies that mine the bauxite, refine and smelt/forge the raw aluminum? Of course not. They buy it from another company.

Palmetto State Armory is the most vertically integrated AR manufacturer in this country. They actually do make the majority of the small parts that go into their firearms.
Stamping your name on something you bought for $50 bucks and then charging $600 for it is wrong and fraudulent when you say you made it. I do OEM manufacturing as well and want so badly to just say my company builds certain products and there is not a person in that company competent to do anything more than assemble parts. Then to listen to them spew sh it from their mouths that theirs is the superior product when I made both products sickens me.

Anderson is one of the most ethical firearm manufacturers in the US because they make it under their name as well as who the manufacture for and we don't need grease, a kiss or a reach around to buy one of their products. Palmetto is a ethical company and so is Aero Precision.

trailboss60

Re: Are Anderson M4's any good ?

Post by trailboss60 »

Some years back, I won an Anderson/(Colt stamped) Ar15 variant from the AZCDL raffle, I never put a round through it, as I immediately had a guy on this forum that was willing to trade me for a new ACOG and met me at the store in Tucson that handled the transfer.
If I remember correctly, it was made to the same specs as the first rifles used in Vietnam, pretty minimalist. Sadly the old AZshooting archives are long gone...I would have liked to revisit the particulars of that rifle.

He was happy, I was happy, but It would have been nice to keep, just wasn't in the cards.