Ar15 history

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Ar15 history

Post by Ranger1 »

Here is a little history on the AR through the years. Note some have years beside the model
Attachments
7803408114_02625915f4_b.jpg

792mauser
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Ar15 history

Post by 792mauser »

I'm thinking the A2 with a M203 isn't from '68.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Well I'm afraid you are mistaken.

Service history
In service
1969–present[1]
Used by
See Users
Wars
Vietnam war
Laotian Civil War
Cambodian Civil War
Sino-Vietnamese War
Cambodian–Vietnamese War
Sino-Vietnamese conflicts 1979-1990
Third Indochina War
Soviet–Afghan War
War in Afghanistan
Iraq War
Iraqi Civil War (2014–present)
Battle of Marawi
2020 (to be replaced by the M320 Grenade Launcher Module as U.S. Army standard grenade launcher)
Production history
Designer
AAI
Designed
1967–68
Manufacturer
Colt Defense
Diemaco
Airtronic USA
RM Equipment
U.S. Ordnance
Knight's Armament Company
Lewis Machine & Tool Company
Unit cost
US$1,082[2]
Produced
1969–present
Variants
See Variants
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

If you guys are on instagram Eugene Stoner has a page with some cool content.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

I was in the Marines when the A2 was first introduced and it sure as heck wasn't in 1968.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

According to the pictures it shows the M16A2 model 645 as being made in 1982 yet it also shows the M16A2 M203 model 645 as being made in 1968.
I am no expert but I think someone might have gotten their dates a little mixed up.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

The M16A2 wasn't adopted for use until 1982 and the M203 wasn't in production until 1969...
delta6

Post by delta6 »

As usual with Ranger1, you need to take everything with a grain of salt....
As for the M16A2, the official adoption was April 12, 1984.
And I know, Ranger1, 1969gto or what ever screen name he is using today is gunna chime in and tell me I don't know squat...not to worry, it's his modus operandi..same stuff different day.... carry on.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

No. I going to say show some proof. I don't want to hear your opinions. Go get proof. Info from manufacturers on when they prototyped it and when it went to market. I put up what I found and I guess its wrong. Ok prove me wrong. I want you to give me information that I can run down as actual evidence. I'm tired of seeing others who talk sh%t without fact. You know who you are. If you have fact, I will listen. Fair enough? Now I'm going to put a call into a buddy I know at colt . I'm sure it's going to cost me, and do a little more research. Will get back to you soon.
Last edited by Ranger1 on August 3rd, 2018, 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

My understanding was that the M16A2 was adopted by the DoD in 1982, but wasn't adopted by any branches of the military until the Marines did in late 1983/early 1984, with the Army following in 1986.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Ranger1 wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 11:37 am No. I going to say show some proof. I don't want to hear your opinions. Go get proof. Info from manufacturers on when the prototypes it and when it went to market. I put up what I found and I guess its wrong. Ok prove me wrong. I want you to give me information that I can run down as actual evidence. I'm tired of seeing others who talk sh%t without fact. If you have fact, I will listen. Fair enough? Now I'm going to call in to a buddy I know at colt and do a little more research.
OK Ranger1... you call friend at Colt.... Imaginary or real... makes no difference... As Ronald Reagan said about Liberal's is so true with you..."The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. Your credibility and believability scale is so low, that it is hard to even compute.

Now to prove you wrong....Well, on the day that the M16A2 was officially adopted, I was there, at Colt. The whole shindig was put together by Rob Roy the lead engineer and designer and VP at Colt. Participants were given a small blue paper weight to commemorate the event...some more special than others... This one being one of the rarest. Oh.. if you would like to see what one looked like...here you go...
M16A2.jpg
Ok... need to sign off for a few hours so I can go practice my hip shooting... :dance:
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

ouch
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Keep it up delta6 I'm sure you and your friends can't wait to get me banned from this place too. Not going to happen. But feel free to come to Ranger breakfast tomorrow morning. I will pay for your food if you think you could show up and face me like a man . I doubt it will happen. I don't think u are a stand up guy. You just chase me around like a person with a mental problem. I don't chase you. But I won't back down from you either. Maybe I should join the az defense league. That way I can see you. It will be at the 143 and university at Denny's 0900. Come join some real men and put that ham sandwich down
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

delta6 wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 12:06 pm
Ranger1 wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 11:37 am No. I going to say show some proof. I don't want to hear your opinions. Go get proof. Info from manufacturers on when the prototypes it and when it went to market. I put up what I found and I guess its wrong. Ok prove me wrong. I want you to give me information that I can run down as actual evidence. I'm tired of seeing others who talk sh%t without fact. If you have fact, I will listen. Fair enough? Now I'm going to call in to a buddy I know at colt and do a little more research.
OK Ranger1... you call friend at Colt.... Imaginary or real... makes no difference... As Ronald Reagan said about Liberal's is so true with you..."The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. Your credibility and believability scale is so low, that it is hard to even compute.

Now to prove you wrong....Well, on the day that the M16A2 was officially adopted, I was there, at Colt. The whole shindig was put together by Rob Roy the lead engineer and designer and VP at Colt. Participants were given a small blue paper weight to commemorate the event...some more special than others... This one being one of the rarest. Oh.. if you would like to see what one looked like...here you go...
M16A2.jpg

Ok... need to sign off for a few hours so I can go practice my hip shooting... :dance:
I think your not being truthful about your where abouts on that day. I don't think you were ever there.
Anyone can find those at a flea market. Hell I bet you found yours at a junk sale.Knowing u like I do u pulled that pic off the internet. Now I need to sign off your making me laugh so hard it hurts.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Independent thinking is somewhat out of your skill set...ya think???