JP muzzle brakes

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

JP muzzle brakes

Post by Ranger1 »

Over time I have used a lot of different muzzle brakes on different long guns. The only one that has worked the best is the JP Recoil Eliminator . I can shoot my 300 win mag or ultra all day long using this one.
Attachments
19458.jpeg
19458.jpeg (50.93 KiB) Viewed 10121 times

Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: JP muzzle brakes

Post by Steve_In_29 »

And everyone to either side of you on the firing line hates you for it. LOL
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Of course they do. It's not something that should be shot on a public shooting range with people next to you. None of the tank like brakes will make you friends there.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Even my old 14.5" Bushmaster with AK break got nasty looks at a public range... I can't imagine what that one on a 300 WM would sound like... actually I would be deaf after the first one so wouldn't hear anything.
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

Looks effective at cutting down on recoil and the number of shooters on either flank.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I have used the JP Recoil Eliminator for well over a decade. I have bought three in that time period, only because they don't give them away.

I tried and tried cheaper muzzle devices in that time period as well, only to just give them away, send them back, or put them in storage.

Yup you don't want to be on either flank of the Eliminator. But, I always thought a live target would never know exactly where the shot came from, with long distance shots.

Yup, 223/5.56 with 16 inch (or shorter) barrel is not a nice experience with the eliminator, when you forget to put your ear protection in place.

Not for everyone, but they do what I buy them to do! A lot of products I have bought over the years, didn't !
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

shooter444 wrote: August 1st, 2018, 9:38 am I have used the JP Recoil Eliminator for well over a decade. I have bought three in that time period, only because they don't give them away.

I tried and tried cheaper muzzle devices in that time period as well, only to just give them away, send them back, or put them in storage.

Yup you don't want to be on either flank of the Eliminator. But, I always thought a live target would never know exactly where the shot came from, with long distance shots.

Yup, 223/5.56 with 16 inch (or shorter) barrel is not a nice experience with the eliminator, when you forget to put your ear protection in place.

Not for everyone, but they do what I buy them to do! A lot of products I have bought over the years, didn't !
For 5.56? REALLY??
Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

I have never seen a style like that! I can see why the "neighbors" would be none too happy. I will have to look into those.
Thanks for sharing.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

FYI, to anyone on a budget. At one time I picked up an adapter that allowed me to use my 30cal JP ELIMINATOR on my 223/5.56 barrel. It was just one of my OCD experiments, and I didn't notice any recoil difference to speak of, by doing such.
lew

Post by lew »

I've settled on Patriot Valley Arms' Mad Scientist and Jet Blast brakes. I'm concerned about keeping the scope on target and making follow-up shots easier, and they both excel at that. Plus, they do not require any fancy timing or indexing, and, if you shoot out the barrel, it's easy to transfer them to another. They're not nearly as abusive as the JP, either.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Putting aside the timing and what other people think about the noise the JP makes.. Are the other ones better than the JP. Do they do a better job at pulling the rifle away from your shoulder like the JP does?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Ranger1, to answer your question, those promoting something other than the JP Eliminator would have to do a fair comparison.

So, since I have done many comparisons over the years, I can give you my opinion and say NO they can not do a better job at pulling the rifle away from your shoulder like the JP does.

But, felt recoil reduction is one of those ballistic/weapon characteristics that is very personal in perception, imo. I would imagine there is a "recoil measurement device" out there somewhere, but I don't know of one.

As a side note, I found group/accuracy affect results by some types of muzzle breaks to be more of a problem than their lack of recoil reduction, and the main reason why I rejected them. I have bought dozens, over the years, and have come to the conclusion that, while they may look good on paper, once installed, the failure of design became most obvious.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

TTAG has done some interesting tests of different muzzle breaks/comps/flash hiders over the years. They have a "muzzle break shootout" series that they have done showing popular muzzle devices against each other and a measure of recoil reduction. Not sure that they have done the JP in any of the series, but they have tested a lot of the best ones out there.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/1 ... hootout-3/

I have the SJC Titan in both 5.56 and 7.62 and they work very well staying on target with rapid fire. The 5.56 is on a 14.5" barreled M4, and I've used the 7.62 version on an 18" AR 308 and a Savage Model 10 FCP-SR 308. They're the best I've used so far, but I haven't tried the JPs.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Steve_In_29 wrote: August 1st, 2018, 3:29 pm
For 5.56? REALLY??

YEAH! 5.56!! REALLY!! Just what the f*** is your problem?
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

shooter444 wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 12:21 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: August 1st, 2018, 3:29 pm For 5.56? REALLY??
YEAH! 5.56!! REALLY!! Just what the f*** is your problem?
Apparently it's not dealing with recoil that's for sure. LOL