⁉️ Anyone have a stoopid accurate 22lr ⁉️

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

⁉️ Anyone have a stoopid accurate 22lr ⁉️

Post by Doc »

I’m going back down the 22lr black hole in search of a one hole, a hit where you aim 22lr.

I know there have been MANY improvements since the late 1900’s when I previously tried.

Please help me spend some $

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ⁉️ Anyone have a stoopid accurate 22lr ⁉️

Post by admin »

Are you after spending a few thousand on a .22LR like an Anschutz? Or are you talking more about run-of-the-mill .22LR's that are really accurate?

I have a Remington 40-X in .22LR that I shoot regularly at 200Y targets with a fair amount of accuracy. I can even use bulk ammo and it's still a really accurate rifle. Has a 26" barrel and as I understand it, they were used by the USMC marksman sporting teams in the 50's and 60's. Got it from the CMP and it has "USMC" marked on the side of it. You can still find them on Gunbroker. Depends on condition, but expect to pay around $2K for a good quality one.

I have quite a few less expensive ones that are still fairly accurate for a .22LR. I like my Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle. Uses 10/22 mags, is a bolt action with threaded barrel - basically, like a regular RPR, but 80% in size, and in .22LR.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

What is your goal? NRL22? Silhouette? Olympic? Benchrest? Tin cans?

Vudoo makes a very nice rifle for PRS Trainer / NRL22 rifles. Plan on $2000 at a minimum. A Bergara B14R is a great poor mans Vudoo rifle. I had a B14R, and it was stupid accurate with high quality match ammo. 50 yard 5rd groups around 0.35" average with Lapua Center-X.

Now, my Bergara BMR is half the cost and size of the larger B14R cousin, and it shoots nearly as well.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

And here I am with my 10/22 that I changed the barrel, trigger and stock on and thought it was stupid accurate 😅...had no idea there were 2k 22s out there.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

I have the Marlin 60 that my dad had as a kid, put a scope on it and it shoots ragged holes at 50yds. Even shot the 300yd gong at the range with it just to piss off a poser running an M1A acting like 300yds was a long shot 😆
Doc

Post by Doc »

admin wrote: February 5th, 2023, 4:52 pm Are you after spending a few thousand on a .22LR like an Anschutz? Or are you talking more about run-of-the-mill .22LR's that are really accurate?

I have a Remington 40-X in .22LR that I shoot regularly at 200Y targets with a fair amount of accuracy. I can even use bulk ammo and it's still a really accurate rifle. Has a 26" barrel and as I understand it, they were used by the USMC marksman sporting teams in the 50's and 60's. Got it from the CMP and it has "USMC" marked on the side of it. You can still find them on Gunbroker. Depends on condition, but expect to pay around $2K for a good quality one.

I have quite a few less expensive ones that are still fairly accurate for a .22LR. I like my Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle. Uses 10/22 mags, is a bolt action with threaded barrel - basically, like a regular RPR, but 80% in size, and in .22LR.
Never been a fan of spending $$ just to have the newest or coolest. But I’ve spent money on quality. The last time I ran down the 22LR hole I was loaning Lapua my Anschutz to build the jig for the testing center. Prior to that they just clamped down the barrels.

Never could get my hands on a USMC 40-x it was a want for a long time. Previously it was one of two 22lr actions you could put in a full size stock. Things sure have changed.

I’m eyeballing a voodoo and a rim-x

A fellow let me shoot his CZ 457 in a KRG chassis. It shot quite well at 77yds. Ammo was just run of the mill eley club. I cleared all by 2 of the KYL. W the right ammo it might clear the whole rack.

That’s my goal.

Clear a. KYL at 100yds. Again and again.
Doc

Post by Doc »

QuietM4 wrote: February 5th, 2023, 5:04 pm What is your goal? NRL22? Silhouette? Olympic? Benchrest? Tin cans?

Vudoo makes a very nice rifle for PRS Trainer / NRL22 rifles. Plan on $2000 at a minimum. A Bergara B14R is a great poor mans Vudoo rifle. I had a B14R, and it was stupid accurate with high quality match ammo. 50 yard 5rd groups around 0.35" average with Lapua Center-X.

Now, my Bergara BMR is half the cost and size of the larger B14R cousin, and it shoots nearly as well.
Goal is to clear a KYL at 100yds and to be able to do it like clockwork.

I’ve been hearing good things about Bergara. I’ll have to learn about B14 and BMR.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Azgunlover69 wrote: February 5th, 2023, 6:04 pm And here I am with my 10/22 that I changed the barrel, trigger and stock on and thought it was stupid accurate 😅...had no idea there were 2k 22s out there.
If I could get a 10/22 to shoot a KYL rack at 100yds that would be my dream rifle.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Kingjoey wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:21 pm I have the Marlin 60 that my dad had as a kid, put a scope on it and it shoots ragged holes at 50yds. Even shot the 300yd gong at the range with it just to piss off a poser running an M1A acting like 300yds was a long shot 😆
I’ve got a M60 as well and I love the accuracy. Wish it was easier to clean. Still love it.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Doc wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:49 pm
QuietM4 wrote: February 5th, 2023, 5:04 pm What is your goal? NRL22? Silhouette? Olympic? Benchrest? Tin cans?

Goal is to clear a KYL at 100yds and to be able to do it like clockwork.

I’ve been hearing good things about Bergara. I’ll have to learn about B14 and BMR.
A clean run on a 100 yard KYL rack is a very tall order, no matter the rifle or shooter. It's difficult for most rifles/shooters at 50 yards, but I've done it many times with my B14R...you just better hope there isn't any wind and you have predictable true match ammo.

The B14R is the next best thing to a Vudoo rifle.
mock0013

Post by mock0013 »

Wolf Match Extra 40 Grain

the made in Germany is even more accurate but even more rare. this is close to Lapua custom

Grab a Lithgow LA101 CROSSOVER RIMFIRE RIFLE when your CZ isn't accurate enough
https://www.lithgowarms.com/la-101-crossover/

22 Plinkster most accurate rifle.. a few years ago
G34

Post by G34 »

After trying many other set ups. Mainly the CZs I bought a vudoo. It’s extremely consistent. No regrets if I ever do another 22 again I’ll do another vudoo
Doc

Post by Doc »

G34 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:32 am After trying many other set ups. Mainly the CZs I bought a vudoo. It’s extremely consistent. No regrets if I ever do another 22 again I’ll do another vudoo
Did you run a tuner or a suppressor?

This or a RIMx has my curiosity
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Doc wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:51 pm
Kingjoey wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:21 pm I have the Marlin 60 that my dad had as a kid, put a scope on it and it shoots ragged holes at 50yds. Even shot the 300yd gong at the range with it just to piss off a poser running an M1A acting like 300yds was a long shot 😆
I’ve got a M60 as well and I love the accuracy. Wish it was easier to clean. Still love it.
My Marlin 60 is probably my favorite rifle. Never thought it to be difficult to clean though.
G34

Post by G34 »

Doc wrote: February 6th, 2023, 6:05 am
G34 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:32 am After trying many other set ups. Mainly the CZs I bought a vudoo. It’s extremely consistent. No regrets if I ever do another 22 again I’ll do another vudoo
Did you run a tuner or a suppressor?

This or a RIMx has my curiosity
Nope I don’t care for suppressors when testing accuracy.

I’ve looked at EC tuners and just haven’t needed to chase them yet. SK rifle match just runs great.

Many ppl go to rimx or vudoo due to mag issues. But again, I haven’t had any mag issues with mine. I run the polymer mags.