tell me all the reasons I DONT want this

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: tell me all the reasons I DONT want this

Post by Boriqua »

sounds like it takes gun specific mags. Would be a big selling point if it took the same mags as the HK 45 or 45C. I dont think it does though.

Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

Big problem is they use a specific single stack 10 rd magazine and that is the only choice. It is not a blocked double stack mag that can be unblocked or made to hold more. I think there is someone who made a replacement lower that lets you use USC mags which is how it should be sold.

I will stick with my AR15 in .45 ACP that uses unaltered grease gun mags. 30 rds of .45 ACP is the only way to go.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Intel6 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 7:50 am Big problem is they use a specific single stack 10 rd magazine and that is the only choice. It is not a blocked double stack mag that can be unblocked or made to hold more. I think there is someone who made a replacement lower that lets you use USC mags which is how it should be sold.

I will stick with my AR15 in .45 ACP that uses unaltered grease gun mags. 30 rds of .45 ACP is the only way to go.
Damn you intel ... I didnt know there was such a thing as an AR in .45!!! New rabbit hole :mrgreen:
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Boriqua wrote: October 6th, 2022, 7:54 am
Intel6 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 7:50 am Big problem is they use a specific single stack 10 rd magazine and that is the only choice. It is not a blocked double stack mag that can be unblocked or made to hold more. I think there is someone who made a replacement lower that lets you use USC mags which is how it should be sold.

Damn you intel ... I didnt know there was such a thing as an AR in .45!!! New rabbit hole :mrgreen:
450 Bushmaster... :D
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

XJThrottle wrote: October 6th, 2022, 8:30 am

450 Bushmaster... :D
.458 SOCOM
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Because it HK, a snob gun and you'll have to learn to drink with your pinkie finger out.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Still looking for that elusive "to me" pistol caliber carbine that will share mags with a pistol I have. Thought I had it when I bought my henry in 38/357 but the henry was a great disappointment. Dont need one but ...

one day maybe I will find "that" carbine

So this AR15 ... it shoots 45acp? Hmmmm
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Boriqua wrote: October 6th, 2022, 12:02 pm Still looking for that elusive "to me" pistol caliber carbine that will share mags with a pistol I have. Thought I had it when I bought my henry in 38/357 but the henry was a great disappointment. Dont need one but ...

one day maybe I will find "that" carbine

So this AR15 ... it shoots 45acp? Hmmmm
https://getstern.com/conversion-kits/kits-45acp/

I have a Stern magwell adapter to use 9mm Glock mags with a Foxtrot Mike upper. Uses a standard lower, FCG, buffer, etc.

One of these days I might actually shoot it...
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I'm with you, I've got two ARs in .45, Glock Mags. Waiting for a barrel in 10mm, I already have the BCG, so I can use that lower for another upper.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

I will just leave this here. :D :D :D
AR M3 45 ACP WEB.jpg
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

I went with a 8.5" barrel, SBR'd mine, and a Form1 suppressor...well, did the paper work and bought parts to build the suppressor. But, the recent BS with the ATF clowns kinda back burnered that.

Wanted it to be the same OAL as a rifle with the suppressor attached. OH, and why THE F is a Glock barrel thread 1/2-36 instead of 1/2-28 like everyone else?

Also available in .45acp
https://www.glockstore.com/9mm-Side-Cha ... ;1Select85
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

" OH, and why THE F is a Glock barrel thread 1/2-36 instead of 1/2-28 like everyone else?"

Well, Colt started that, to prevent retards from hanging 5.56 flash hiders on 9mm barrels. New cottage industry making adapters, .5-36 female to .5-28 male. Also, that tends to differentiate between rifle barrels and pistol barrels. HTH
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

blasternaz wrote: October 7th, 2022, 2:28 pm " OH, and why THE F is a Glock barrel thread 1/2-36 instead of 1/2-28 like everyone else?"

Well, Colt started that, to prevent retards from hanging 5.56 flash hiders on 9mm barrels. New cottage industry making adapters, .5-36 female to .5-28 male. Also, that tends to differentiate between rifle barrels and pistol barrels. HTH
Thank you.

The SiCo 9mm barrels for my 320 and M&P are both 28. Sure would make sht a bit more simple...
Doc

Post by Doc »

So did you get it?
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

The B & T 45 model APC Pistol is a better choice. Bigger mags for less money. Can brace it or SBR it.
However it too is HK expensive.