Any Accuracy International Guys in here?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Any Accuracy International Guys in here?

Post by Doc »

Been reading up and drooling over older AI Rifles lately.

Got me thinking…..anyone here have one?

And if you do….I want to meet up and drool
All over your nice expensive things.

😎

BigNate

Re: Any Accuracy International Guys in here?

Post by BigNate »

I've got an old friend that owned one for a while - he loved it - but sold it. Fantastic gun - with an ATACR on it. I never understand his ability to part with fine guns - he buys high end guns, shoots them, gets bored, sells them, and buys something else. I've bought a few from him - but that was too 'spensive for me.
Last edited by BigNate on March 22nd, 2022, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I need an introduction

Caviar taste and cup o noodles budget over here. 😂
Doc

Post by Doc »

Is his name @DuneShoot cause he has all the toys.
Basher

Post by Basher »

I owned an AI AE MKII for awhile, then upgraded to an AIAT for a few years. I had to sell it when funds got tight and miss it very dearly. I plan to acquire another in the not too distant future, as to me they represent the absolute best field rifle ever devised. I loved everything about them. The action, the trigger, the chassis, the mags. They’re the best bolt gun I’ve ever had the pleasure to own or shoot!

If you want to learn about them, Steve Houghton has written a few books that cover early AI development and current use in great detail, well worth it of you can find a copy of each book (with more to come, from what he says)!

https://www.swiftandboldpublishing.co.uk/

I’m happy to answer any questions I can. I’ve never shot an AW, AX, AXMC, or AX-T, as I felt the AT was the best value and did everything I needed (and them some). Plus, I’m a fan of the old thumbhole skins and those don’t fit the newer models. But yeah, big AI fan here. They’re not infallible, but they’re a glorious rifle if they “fit” you. I highly recommend checking one out (any AI model) when you can, but be ready to fork out anywhere from $2,000-10,000 depending on what model you want, how old/used it is, and what features it has. Expect about $3,500-4,000 for an excellent condition AIAT.

Then factor another $1,500-4,000 for glass worth putting on top of such a fine rifle, LOL.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Basher wrote: March 21st, 2022, 6:45 pm I owned an AI AE MKII for awhile, then upgraded to an AIAT for a few years. I had to sell it when funds got tight and miss it very dearly. I plan to acquire another in the not too distant future, as to me they represent the absolute best field rifle ever devised. I loved everything about them. The action, the trigger, the chassis, the mags. They’re the best bolt gun I’ve ever had the pleasure to own or shoot!

If you want to learn about them, Steve Houghton has written a few books that cover early AI development and current use in great detail, well worth it of you can find a copy of each book (with more to come, from what he says)!

https://www.swiftandboldpublishing.co.uk/

I’m happy to answer any questions I can. I’ve never shot an AW, AX, AXMC, or AX-T, as I felt the AT was the best value and did everything I needed (and them some). Plus, I’m a fan of the old thumbhole skins and those don’t fit the newer models. But yeah, big AI fan here. They’re not infallible, but they’re a glorious rifle if they “fit” you. I highly recommend checking one out (any AI model) when you can, but be ready to fork out anywhere from $2,000-10,000 depending on what model you want, how old/used it is, and what features it has. Expect about $3,500-4,000 for an excellent condition AIAT.

Then factor another $1,500-4,000 for glass worth putting on top of such a fine rifle, LOL.
I want to claim that I remember when you posted yours for sale. I didn’t want to even touch it, because the kids college deposits wouldn’t have been made for a few months.

I appreciate the feedback.

I want an AW in the worst way. Especially after reading the book you mentioned and watching the Forgotten Weapons series.

Hopefully someone will chime in and let me check out an AW or even an AEmk?
samnev

Post by samnev »

I own an FDE AIAW folder with a Bartlien 26" barrel and a NightForce NXS 8-32X56 scope with ZS and HST. I've had it about 15 years. It's a wonderful shooting rifle. I thought about upgrading to an AWMC. But then I asked myself is the AX going to shoot any better? My answer was I don't think I could shoot it any better than the AIAW so I dropped that idea. :D

Last edited by samnev on April 30th, 2022, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

samnev wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 8:22 am I own an FDE AIAW folder with a Bartlien 26" barrel and a NightForce NXS 8-32X56 scope with ZS and HST. I've had it about 15 years. It's a wonderful shooting rifle. I thought about upgrading to an AWMC. But then I asked myself is the AX going to shoot any better? My answer was I don't think I could shoot it any better than the AIAW so I dropped that idea. :D

No one would argue with those groups. And if they did they still wouldn’t put their wallet out and let you take a shot

:mrgreen:
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Doc wrote: March 21st, 2022, 4:28 pm Is his name @DuneShoot cause he has all the toys.
Never heard him use that name.

He posted this some time ago - This was with the AXMC - if memory serves it was wearing a NF ATACR of some sort.

It was really an amazing gun...
Doc

Post by Doc »

BigNate wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 4:53 pm
Doc wrote: March 21st, 2022, 4:28 pm Is his name @DuneShoot cause he has all the toys.
Never heard him use that name.

He posted this some time ago - This was with the AXMC - if memory serves it was wearing a NF ATACR of some sort.

It was really an amazing gun...
That unit is automatic. I like it.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Duneshoot is also Mike, but last I recall he lived in the west valley, not Tucson.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

XJThrottle wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 6:05 pm Duneshoot is also Mike, but last I recall he lived in the west valley, not Tucson.
Ahhh... good to know...
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Anyone have any experience with an AXSR chassis? I've been thinking about a .338 LM custom build and knocking around the idea of using an AXSR chassis but haven't found much info on them yet.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Abbey wrote: March 25th, 2022, 10:38 am Anyone have any experience with an AXSR chassis? I've been thinking about a .338 LM custom build and knocking around the idea of using an AXSR chassis but haven't found much info on them yet.
The guys over at Surgeon build using that chassis. I’m sure you can go in there and touch it. I don’t have any experience with a 338LM and that chassis. I have however ran that chassis on a 223 and it shot as good in that chassis as it did in a McMillian.

It definitely is up to the task.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Well. Dreams do come true!!

Mine is the rifle on the left.

Should get a nice camo paint job cause it looks silly. But it’s super quiet. I think that barrel has a built in supressor. :mrgreen:

Didn’t even need a 4473 or Form 4. Seller didnt know what he had. :dance:
F3319CF9-9D13-4167-8FF3-C975CFF887CE.png