Need advice: fair price for this upper?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Need advice: fair price for this upper?

Post by smithers599 »

I am selling this for the widow of my shooting buddy who died last May. I have no idea what a fair price is. Can you tell me what you think I should list it for? I am looking for a price that is low enough for quick sale -- give the buyer a bargain, but not so low that the widow gets taken advantage of. Low, but not ridiculously low.
The barrel is marked "5.56 NATO 1/7". There is a mark that looks like an M snuggled up against a P. MP, but touching.
Thanks for your help.
upper.jpg
upper-forend.jpg
upper-handguard.jpg
upper-scope.jpg
upper-patrol2.jpg

Blue109

Re: Need advice: fair price for this upper?

Post by Blue109 »

Uppers really aren't worth much unless it has some really fancy parts, but there probably $800 in optics on there. Might be easier to sell the 3 items separately.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Blue109 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 5:03 pm Uppers really aren't worth much unless it has some really fancy parts, but there probably $800 in optics on there. Might be easier to sell the 3 items separately.
Sssssssshhhhhhhh. I was gonna trade him a Ruger LC9 for it. :?
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

That's a Colt upper,"C" stamped on rear right side.Chances are the barrel is stamped
"C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7" just not the clearest stamp.If you,it appears you have the upper for the Colt
lower on the AR post that has a purplish upper on it.Check the BCG for a "C" mark on the carrier and an "MPC" mark on the bolt.If so,you have the complete original Colt LE6920 with some upgrades.
Full Colt LE carbine without optics,no less than $1000,your choice,how much you want to add for the BCM handguard rail($200+).Colt lower in other picture also appears to have an ALG ACT NP3 trigger($75.00)
Scope msrp was $599,made for only one year.Price was normally $499-$549 at stores.I own one i bought new for $499.00.I bought two used ones for $400 for one and $375 for the other.Depending how much you price it,i may be interested in another.I like the scope.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

coltnut wrote: February 10th, 2022, 10:23 pm That's a Colt upper,"C" stamped on rear right side.Chances are the barrel is stamped
"C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7" just not the clearest stamp.If you,it appears you have the upper for the Colt
lower on the AR post that has a purplish upper on it.Check the BCG for a "C" mark on the carrier and an "MPC" mark on the bolt.If so,you have the complete original Colt LE6920 with some upgrades.
Full Colt LE carbine without optics,no less than $1000,your choice,how much you want to add for the BCM handguard rail($200+).Colt lower in other picture also appears to have an ALG ACT NP3 trigger($75.00)
Scope msrp was $599,made for only one year.Price was normally $499-$549 at stores.I own one i bought new for $499.00.I bought two used ones for $400 for one and $375 for the other.Depending how much you price it,i may be interested in another.I like the scope.
Now that is some useful info! Thanks.
I think I will swap out the uppers and sell as a complete LE6920.
Anybody know how I can tell who made the upper with the Aimpoint on it? Some markings I should look for?
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

coltnut wrote: February 10th, 2022, 10:23 pm That's a Colt upper,"C" stamped on rear right side.Chances are the barrel is stamped
You called it, coltnut. There is a C on the BCG, and MPC on the bolt.
I have swapped out the uppers. I also notice a BCM Gunfighter/VLTOR operating handle.
Here is what the rifle looks like with the scoped/KeyMOD upper on it.
AR-right.jpg
AR-left.jpg
Knowing now that it is a Colt 6920 with Leupold Patrol scope, Leopold angle-mount red dot, ALG trigger, etc., etc., what's the consensus on a low-but-fair asking price?
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

Colt LE6920 with that setup of extras...$1450 be a good deal.
Thats about $600 off what it would cost to buy it currently all new.
That stock is a Colt-Rogers stock,also came standard with certain Colt AR's.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

coltnut wrote: February 11th, 2022, 3:22 pm Colt LE6920 with that setup of extras...$1450 be a good deal.
Thats about $600 off what it would cost to buy it currently all new.
That stock is a Colt-Rogers stock,also came standard with certain Colt AR's.
Again, I did not know that about the stock. Thanks yet again.