Sad Day

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Cubiclerevolt
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Sad Day

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

delta6 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:31 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:02 pm
delta6 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:49 pm
YIQMV
You'll have to explain that one. I'm not up to speed on the latest abbreviations.
Here is why the comment "being buffaloed" is not well thought out. Obviously you have never seen a M249 blow up. That should be your first clue you should consider before you give your anti-whatever line.
Think of this recall similar to you buying a new Toyota. You get it home and Toyota calls you and says, "Don't drive your new car because it is defective. The speedo doesn't work and the police may stop you and arrest you and oh, by-the-way, more importantly, the brakes don't work. So you not wanting to be "buffaloed", ignore them because this is your collector car. Your not gunna drive it!
A few years in the future, your son, daughter, grandson, decide to take the car out for a drive, they crash and are seriously injured or killed, because the brakes did not work.
This recall is really less about the Feds and more about safety for the current owners and the future ones.
Can you just tell us the acronym? That's all I care about.

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I will change the analogy just a bit because I was stuck with something very similar, but it was deemed by the BATs to be a “suppressor” rather than a machinegun.

You don’t participate in the recall, 10 years later you die, and your daughter inherits your FN. The BATs started having the kinder, gentler agents making phone calls, followed up by initial kind visits. If your daughter doesn’t know and her sill factory-packed 249 has a bad trigger group she owns a machinegun, by choice. If she has sentimental bones in her body, she refuses to let the kinder, gentler BAT folks in to take the gun her dad left her.

Then the not so kind or gentle BAT folks show up with instructions they are seizing an illegal machinegun from an armed felon. Things go south and criminal charges are brought to justify the BAT raid.
Limper
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Limper »

If the "... reset failure within the hammer group may cause an unsafe firing event." as described on the FN website involves a runaway belt fed firearm I would consider that a significant issue. I don't know if this is the situation but I think it is likely. I would not be comfortable with any firearm that has a defect in the fire control group that causes it to do something it wasn't designed for.