Here is the new 1895 Ruger/marlin

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Longhair1957
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Here is the new 1895 Ruger/marlin

Post by Longhair1957 »

oldslurrydog1

Re: Here is the new 1895 Ruger/marlin

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Nice
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Ruger did them good.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I realize it won't happen right away, because Ruger has a learning curve here to get Marlin properly spun up again.

But once Marlin is rocking again,...PLEASE make a take-down 1894 .357 carbine with a threaded muzzle,...preferably in stainless.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 22-14-28 Taylor's Co 1892 Alaskan Takedown 44MAG 16 5 TB.png

Chiappa made it for a brief second (also marketed by Taylor's & Co.) and now they are rare as an honest politician. I'm sure Marlin/Ruger could do it better, as well as keep it in the catalog for more than a few months.

cst marlin.jpg
cst marlin.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
I love my 2017 production CST,...but it would just be that much cooler if it was a takedown model.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Prices on these Ruger's are really bad right now, i would buy one of these if the market ever stabilized. I would also like to see what the Beta Testers think after a bit. Ruger has a habit of letting the consumer be the beta tester.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I like the idea of a takedown in 357.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I call my CST my "mouse fart" gun, because it is so quiet. The same suppressor on the 9mm CMMG Banshee is OK, but on the Marlin, with low-pressure .38spl. target wad-cutters and such,...its like an air gun. And since I can load ammo for it at just slightly more expensive than .22lr,...I'm just a boy with a toy again, like when I was 12.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Suck on that Remington
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Watched that vid the day it came out. This bodes well for the Marlin line-up.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I get that not all experiences are the same - but I have exactly one bad thing to say about my Remlin (Marlin) 1895GS in 45-70gvt - and that is that the loop is too small for my fat hand and and has a sharpish edge - so my middle-finger knuckle bleeds if I shoot too many rounds in a sitting. Other than that - after 1000 rounds of various stuff including some fairly hot stuff - I love the gun. Guessing that Ruger will make it "better" but I sure do like the one that I have.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

BigNate wrote: January 19th, 2022, 4:50 pm I get that not all experiences are the same - but I have exactly one bad thing to say about my Remlin (Marlin) 1895GS in 45-70gvt - and that is that the loop is too small for my fat hand and and has a sharpish edge - so my middle-finger knuckle bleeds if I shoot too many rounds in a sitting. Other than that - after 1000 rounds of various stuff including some fairly hot stuff - I love the gun. Guessing that Ruger will make it "better" but I sure do like the one that I have.
Well, you can replace that loop and get something that doesn't hurt as bad. If the action on yours ever was rough as it came from Remington, I'm guessing you broke it in nice and smooth over your 1000 rounds.
AchillesKobus
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by AchillesKobus »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:21 pm I realize it won't happen right away, because Ruger has a learning curve here to get Marlin properly spun up again.

But once Marlin is rocking again,...PLEASE make a take-down 1894 .357 carbine with a threaded muzzle,...preferably in stainless.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 22-14-28 Taylor's Co 1892 Alaskan Takedown 44MAG 16 5 TB.png

Chiappa made it for a brief second (also marketed by Taylor's & Co.) and now they are rare as an honest politician. I'm sure Marlin/Ruger could do it better, as well as keep it in the catalog for more than a few months.

cst marlin.jpg

I love my 2017 production CST,...but it would just be that much cooler if it was a takedown model.
If they do this would be great!
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

AZ_Five56 wrote: January 19th, 2022, 8:58 pm
BigNate wrote: January 19th, 2022, 4:50 pm I get that not all experiences are the same - but I have exactly one bad thing to say about my Remlin (Marlin) 1895GS in 45-70gvt - and that is that the loop is too small for my fat hand and and has a sharpish edge - so my middle-finger knuckle bleeds if I shoot too many rounds in a sitting. Other than that - after 1000 rounds of various stuff including some fairly hot stuff - I love the gun. Guessing that Ruger will make it "better" but I sure do like the one that I have.
Well, you can replace that loop and get something that doesn't hurt as bad. If the action on yours ever was rough as it came from Remington, I'm guessing you broke it in nice and smooth over your 1000 rounds.
I've thought about getting a new lever for it but I hear that the interface between the lever and the bolt is a big piece of what determines how smoothly the gun cycles - and that it needs to be "tuned" (no clue if this is true)... I keep telling myself that if I can figure out what stainless alloy it's made out of, pull it out of the gun, open it up, add some material a d TIG it back together. Yeah... that's the ticket... surely easier than just replacing the lever and having a gunsmith fit it properly...

The other thought is to just pull it out and get after the inside edges of the loop with a little sanding cone set to take the hard edge off of it. That would probably make it "good enough" even for my big hands.

Or... I can just b**** and moan about it for another 10 years. :D
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

I have had a Remlin SBL for a few years now and have been extremely happy with it. I am sure the Rugers are good also but I am glad to have been enjoying mine rather than waiting for a chance to get one.

After having a lot of fun with the SBL I picked up a 336 BL which has been great also.
Marlin 336 1895 web.jpg
Zpglass

Post by Zpglass »

Lever actions definitely are good looking rifles