Marlin Camp Clone

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
OMart
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Marlin Camp Clone

Post by OMart »

Always wanted a Marlin Camp9, even a Camp45. With Ruger owning Marlin now, I don't see that happening since it competes with their own products. Does anyone know of any other "clone" types out there, even foreign made?

smithers599

Re: Marlin Camp Clone

Post by smithers599 »

I have a Marlin .45, improved with the heavy duty buffer and heavy duty spring, and threaded for a suppressor. It is great fun, and surprisingly accurate. It would not be my first choice in a fight or war, but neither would I throw it down and surrender if it was what I had in my hands.
However, the Ruger pistol caliber carbine is a better piece of engineering. Some people like classic cars, and they are cool; but modern cars with the safety features and electronics are just better cars.
Some companies have replicated Colt SAAs and Winchester lever rifles, but I don't expect anybody to replicate the Camp Carbine.
OMart

Re: Marlin Camp Clone

Post by OMart »

smithers599 wrote: December 30th, 2021, 3:33 pm However, the Ruger pistol caliber carbine is a better piece of engineering. Some people like classic cars, and they are cool; but modern cars with the safety features and electronics are just better cars.
Some companies have replicated Colt SAAs and Winchester lever rifles, but I don't expect anybody to replicate the Camp Carbine.
I appreciate your input. I am one of those guys who does appreciate classic cars.