maxium defense PDX

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
chriscrawler
ArizonaShooting.org Member

maxium defense PDX

Post by chriscrawler »

Anyone on here purchased the maxium defense PDX ? looking for some input on quality and reliability. looks to be one of the shortest platforms out there .
Opinions and other possible options for a comparable product welcomed .

Yellowcarbon

Re: maxium defense PDX

Post by Yellowcarbon »

The 7.62x39mm version makes more sense to me out of such a short barrel. I really want one, but the price tag has me sticking with my 'clone' build. But if 5.56 is your thing, I won't hate on your choice. With the right ammo, it will ruin somebody's day.

As for my clone, I kind of built it by accident. I basically accumulated enough parts to get a similar platform. I traded for a no-name 8.5" 7.62x39mm barrel years ago. I finally put it together and need to test it at the range. Between work, the high temps, and not wanting to blow through my ammo stash, I've been putting it off. With the weather being so nice, I don't know if I can wait. I can either put it on my SBR lower (with LWRC UCIW stock) or a pistol lower. I got a Bear Creek Armory side charger (it was $100 for the pair: upper & BCG) with am AGL close out $40 rail. The most expensive part is my YHM QD flash hider & blast can on the end. I'm a bottom feeder on 'fun builds', so I try to build them as cheaply as possible while keeping the parts to a decent quality. The Bear Creek bolt being the most suspect of the group, but even name brand bolts in 7.62x39mm struggle at times.