Is it just me or is MLOK way overhyped?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
mike400
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Is it just me or is MLOK way overhyped?

Post by mike400 »

When did Picatinny rails stop working? Key mod and Mlok are just more accessory s*** to buy.

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

mike400 wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:05 pm When did Picatinny rails stop working? Key mod and Mlok are just more accessory s*** to buy.
I kind of know what you mean. I usually end up putting picatinny rails on my Mlok handguards anyway to mount accessories, but it's nice to be able to mount short ones up front and have the rest of the rail low profile. I find the lower profile to be a little more ergonomic for me.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

mike400 wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:05 pm When did Picatinny rails stop working? Key mod and Mlok are just more accessory s*** to buy.
They stopped working when everyone needed to have the lightest AR possible.
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

I mean not really. You're still gonna buy the accesories, whether they're sling QD point, foregrips, light mounts, etc. But I suppose it also depends on the type of accessories you're looking to buy.

The Pic rails are obviously gonna be bulkier and more durable (assuming they aren't made with garbage materials). But have a slimmer profile is nice, especially when you start adding lights, IR lasers, and so on.

I'll agree though that some people get WAY too serious about whether a gun has 1913, Keymod, or MLOK. I've seen some people scoff because somebody is out shooting with a keymod rail, asking "wHy dOnT yOu SwiTcH tO MlOk bRo? iTs BetTer!".... then you see them shoot and they suck lol.