What do you like in 22LR rifle?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Hammer 35
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What do you like in 22LR rifle?

Post by Hammer 35 »

Longhair1957 wrote: December 15th, 2020, 9:48 pm https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1534248
and it’s in stock
It's hard not to pair a SA wheel gun with a lever action, but if he can find a S&W K22, M17 or M18, I'd go that route in a heart beat. I picked my K22 Target Masterpiece up for under $500 two years ago.

Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I guess I'm told school.
I like the old pumps , lever actions and bolt guns.
In semi autos it's hard to beat the old Belgium Brownings.
There aren't many 22's being made today that catch my eye.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! I made an account for her on gunbroker and we went through her first purchase and she bought the heritage rough rider. Hey if hiccock can hit a gong at 80 yds cant be all bad.

But ... now I want a rifle and they are cheap enough to add so .. the hunt begins for a 22 rifle for the boriqua household!

Bet I could get a couple of wood peckers and my neighbors wouldn't even notice! (joking)
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

I bought my Dad a 22WMR/22LR Rough Rider a few years ago as a companion for his Henry. He still hasn't fired it, but it seemed like a pretty decent little piece to me.
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

Boriqua wrote: December 16th, 2020, 7:44 am Thank you everyone for your thoughts! I made an account for her on gunbroker and we went through her first purchase and she bought the heritage rough rider. Hey if hiccock can hit a gong at 80 yds cant be all bad.

But ... now I want a rifle and they are cheap enough to add so .. the hunt begins for a 22 rifle for the boriqua household!

Bet I could get a couple of wood peckers and my neighbors wouldn't even notice! (joking)
Those Rough Riders aren't bad at all! I had a convertible model and put a few thousand rounds through it. I was able to keep a cylinder on a 8" plate at 50yrds with a little concentration.

I mostly struggled with it just cause the grip is a little small for my big paws. I considered making some over sized grips for mine, but ended up selling it off to someone that HAD to have it.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

revolvers in 22 and a long gun are a right of passage, consider yourselves making the grade, of course just an old guys opinion, but reasonable. lol
Rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

knockonit wrote: December 17th, 2020, 5:30 pm revolvers in 22 and a long gun are a right of passage, consider yourselves making the grade, of course just an old guys opinion, but reasonable. lol
Rj
Yea I kind of missed that right of passage being a city boy. This will be our first single action revolver which will soon be followed by a 22 rifle.

Oh and I didnt know this was a thing but I am pretty damn sure I need one!!

1873 Revolver Carbine and Buntline
https://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-revolve ... d-buntline
300mag

Post by 300mag »

I have a winchester 9422 that puts a smile on your face when I shoot it. I had one in 22 mag also but sold it and always kick myself in the ass for selling it.
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

knockonit wrote: December 17th, 2020, 5:30 pm revolvers in 22 and a long gun are a right of passage, consider yourselves making the grade, of course just an old guys opinion, but reasonable. lol
Rj
A 22 handgun and a carbine is a thing of beauty. A day of plinking that's easy on the wallet.

As much as I love my centerfires, not having to spend the day before on the loading bench for an afternoon of plinking is a blessing.

I also like wheel guns, single shots, lever actions and bolt guns. I think they're more fun-per-shot. Just yanking the trigger on a semi auto gets a little boring after awhile.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

kentucky gun companie has a nice gallery pump up as xmas special and another bolt action unit, decent value.
best for the end of the week :dance:
rj
samnev

Post by samnev »

300mag wrote: December 17th, 2020, 7:07 pm I have a winchester 9422 that puts a smile on your face when I shoot it. I had one in 22 mag also but sold it and always kick myself in the ass for selling it.
I had one and really liked it. Old age caused me to start selling off my collection :crying-yellow:
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I GET IT NOW!!!!

A board member made me a very generous trade and while I havent completed my end yet I did get a Model 60. Wife and I brought it out to the indoor range yesterday. I have never fired a 22 rifle and really didnt think it would be my thing. I was happy about it but mostly for a toy for the wife.

Well .. talk about a giggle inducing fun fest. First off .. its crazy accurate. The sights need a bit of tweak but I was touching bullet holes while standing unsupported at 25 yds. I loved the sound, the action was much faster than what I thought it would be and it cycled brilliantly and there is no recoil. it was just silly fun but .. you can take an eye out with that thing.

Wife only shot out to 15 yds also unsupported and after getting her stance down was killing it. I am glad I only brought 100 rds of ammo because you can chew through a brick pretty quick.

When I had her lean her elbow on the bench and shoot .. ... maybe a 2" group.

Glad I got to try one and own one before the end. So much fun!! Glad I bought 1000 rounds back a bit.

Her heritage was delayed by USPS but is due in today so next week we try that one out ... but I think the 60 may have to come out again.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Never even knew about the 60 until now. Looks like a tube fed 10/22. I'm sure it's fun!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

I like 60s..
AD1E4BE2-B9E0-4F97-B6BC-CF52FD5D27BF.jpeg
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I love 10/22s, but my kids have a hard time loading the magazines, and the magazine release is kind of a pain even for me. Maybe it's just the simplicity of the 60, or because that's what I learned to shoot on when I was 6, but it's my favorite for sure.