Opinions on the PSA AK-V?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
pointside
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Opinions on the PSA AK-V?

Post by pointside »

So I really, really want one although PSA can't seem to keep any in stock for more than 20 minutes. I'm watching other sites for availability but absolutely refuse to pay panic prices on GunBroker, ArmsList, etc. and will remain patient for someone reasonably priced to get more in.

My questions is...to those that already own one, what is your opinion? I've watched tons of reviews and have yet to see anything negative besides ergonomic related complaints. Is it worth almost $1000 for a 9mm AK variant?

Magazines are reasonably priced so cost of ownership doesn't seem to be an issue. I already own a Kel-tec Sub2K and Extar EP-9, but the PSA AK-V seems pretty badass to me, especially with the triangle folding stock and MOE furntiture.

Vyadmirer

Re: Opinions on the PSA AK-V?

Post by Vyadmirer »

I really want one too except it’s 1000. For what it is I just can never justify it. If I remember correctly some were complaining about the triangle “brace” being somewhat pliable and not super rigid.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Well it is priced the same as other AK 9mm Variants, when you can get it.

I like their pistol brace. It run GREAT. It take a bit of time to break in Magpull CZ mags though. The PSA mags run flawlessly in my CZ and the AK-V.

I liked it so much I’m in the process of building an AR-V so I can swap mage between a CZ, AK, and AR.
meeneen

Post by meeneen »

I love them and was in the fence also due to the pricing. I found a local dealer that had a stribog for a great price and went down that road. I’m extremely happy with it but still have the itch for another ak variant.
DanceTiger

Post by DanceTiger »

I have a PSA AK-V 9mm with the triangular folding arm brace. It is a lot of fun to shoot. Stick with the PSA magazines, as mine has run flawlessly. Yes the lower part of the arm brace is kinda flexy, but it is only a 9mm recoil, so doesn't need to be rigid. Plus with it folded, it is really compact. I have about 1000 rounds thru it, with no problems.
DanceTiger

Post by DanceTiger »

Check PSA every week day at ~2pm. They list them at that time approximately.
pointside

Post by pointside »

Thanks for all of the great feedback, and also for the tip on checking PSA daily. Definitely agree about the pricing being too high for what it is, I saw one at Atlantic Firearms listed for $779 so might keep watching there too. I signed up to receive email notifications from PSA when back in stock about a week ago but have yet to see an email from them.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I was smitten with the idea of a 9mm AK pistol,...until it finally sank in that they just are not as reliable as the rifle they are spawned from. I've played around with a few owned by others. They were fun. But then I laid my hands on a CMMG rotary-locked Banshee. I'm in love, and won't let go.
pointside

Post by pointside »

Suck My Glock wrote: November 18th, 2020, 7:48 pm I was smitten with the idea of a 9mm AK pistol,...until it finally sank in that they just are not as reliable as the rifle they are spawned from. I've played around with a few owned by others. They were fun. But then I laid my hands on a CMMG rotary-locked Banshee. I'm in love, and won't let go.
Where can I find one of those?
Silverback

Post by Silverback »

Can't say I have used one but if you are after a 9mm AK you should check out the kalashnikov us kp9 and kr9. Runs really smooth and was about the same price.
olemal

Post by olemal »

The PSA AKV banana mags are awesome. They seem to be in stock every 2 weeks at the beginning and middle of the month. They're OOS the same day.
Fshnfvr
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Fshnfvr »

I love my AKV it’s a blast to shoot. Eats any ammo.
pointside

Post by pointside »

Again thanks for the feedback. Been on the hunt since I posted this and haven't had any luck so far.
Silverback wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:01 pm Can't say I have used one but if you are after a 9mm AK you should check out the kalashnikov us kp9 and kr9. Runs really smooth and was about the same price.
I do like these but aren't the magazines much more expensive?