M10XZ, another stupid mistake

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Heominhon
New to ArizonaShooting.org

M10XZ, another stupid mistake

Post by Heominhon »

I just pull another impulsive buy: M10XZ in 7.62x39 from AlphaCat. On paper, it sound great and look good: a modernized Ak-ish with monolithic pic rail, ambidextrous control and it look pretty cool (similar to an AK12). When i bought it there wasn’t enough information on the internet about its suckiness but for $1300 it was an acceptable risk. The gun’s fit and finish look alright, take down is a bit more complicated than normal Ak, a bit more accurate than my Ak but I haven’t shoot enough to see any flaw yet. Recently, Military Arm Channel has published a review and it was not pretty, gun FTF and FTE after 3-4 mags which is a huge concern for me.
Should I keep this thing or try to dump it on the market now that Biden probably be in the White House for the next 4 years. Does anyone has more experience with this rifle? Thank you in advance

I can’t add pictures so here’s the imgr link

xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: M10XZ, another stupid mistake

Post by xerts1191 »

Keep it for awhile, give it the old three strikes and out platform, it looks kinda cool
Chris_Y

Post by Chris_Y »

With ammo costs what they are, it's hard to shoot it enough to determine if yours will have the same problem as what's posted on YouTube. My rule of thumb on stuff like this is as long as it's just one of the fun to shoot guns, I can deal with a reasonable bit of malfunctions. If it's one that I'll grab in a defensive scenario then it's much less tolerable.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I wish they would have improved the magazine release on that thing, but other than that, it looks pretty sweet! Personally, I would tend toward keeping it and finding a fix if I ran into issues.
Cbvanb

Post by Cbvanb »

If Biden takes office that rifle will be worth a lot more than you paid for it to someone who doesn’t have a gun. You might as well hold onto it for a couple months.
fell

Post by fell »

Heominhon wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:18 pm I just pull another impulsive buy: M10XZ in 7.62x39 from AlphaCat. On paper, it sound great and look good: a modernized Ak-ish with monolithic pic rail, ambidextrous control and it look pretty cool (similar to an AK12). When i bought it there wasn’t enough information on the internet about its suckiness but for $1300 it was an acceptable risk. The gun’s fit and finish look alright, take down is a bit more complicated than normal Ak, a bit more accurate than my Ak but I haven’t shoot enough to see any flaw yet. Recently, Military Arm Channel has published a review and it was not pretty, gun FTF and FTE after 3-4 mags which is a huge concern for me.
Should I keep this thing or try to dump it on the market now that Biden probably be in the White House for the next 4 years. Does anyone has more experience with this rifle? Thank you in advance

I can’t add pictures so here’s the imgr link
man, ditch it now that before it loss value once biden gun ban took effect.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

fell wrote: November 10th, 2020, 8:28 am man, ditch it now that before it loss value once biden gun ban took effect.
Just joking, but personally, I'd rather take it on a boating trip.

Heominhon

Post by Heominhon »

Thanks for the replies, gents. I’m selling it and wait for the KUSA ak103 instead. I enjoyed this gun to an extent, someone already offered what i paid for so it’s going to the new owner this weekend.