Amazon Prime Veteran's Membership

This is the place for those men and women who have given of themselves in military service to our country. Feel free to discuss anything as it relates to prior (or current) service... and we all thank you for your service!
AZ Husker
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Amazon Prime Veteran's Membership

Post by AZ Husker »

Amazon is now offering a $40 discount for their Prime membership for all veterans. If already a member, it will extend your membership for another year. I signed up today.
va.gov/opa/amazon.asp

thom

Re: Amazon Prime Veteran's Membership

Post by thom »

Thanks
Doc

Post by Doc »

Thanks. Good till 2021 now.
Flash

Post by Flash »

They sent me text via my smart phone last week and I re-upped immediately.

Great deal.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Amazon, owned by one of the biggest anti-gun, anti conservatives on the entire planet. The guy that bought the Washington Post and turned it into a mouthpiece for the Demonrat party. No problem supporting the enemy, right?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Pale Rider wrote: November 19th, 2019, 1:20 pm Amazon, owned by one of the biggest anti-gun, anti conservatives on the entire planet. The guy that bought the Washington Post and turned it into a mouthpiece for the Demonrat party. No problem supporting the enemy, right?
Do you check out the ownership of every place that you shop at/spend money at and then boycott or shop there afterwards?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:violence-swords:
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Flash wrote: November 20th, 2019, 8:24 am
Pale Rider wrote: November 19th, 2019, 1:20 pm Amazon, owned by one of the biggest anti-gun, anti conservatives on the entire planet. The guy that bought the Washington Post and turned it into a mouthpiece for the Demonrat party. No problem supporting the enemy, right?
Do you check out the ownership of every place that you shop at/spend money at and then boycott or shop there afterwards?
I try at least. I've never bought ANYTHING from Amazon, or Whole Foods (he owns that rip off place also). All the people that act like they care about the 2nd amendment but then buy from a company owned by that clown don't even try. I guess you're just one of those talk the talk types. It doesn't take any effort at all to know that Bezos is one of the worst actors, and a huge supporter of the Demonrat enemy party. But hey, do what you want; just don't complain when they're confiscating YOUR guns.
Flash

Post by Flash »

No, I'm not at all one of the talk the talk types. I'm a Life Member of the NRA, Life Member of the AzCDL, Charlton Heston Ambassador Member of the NRA Heritage society, which means I've supported them heavily monetarily, vote in every election in person, write emails to my elected representatives on a regular basis and support the 2A in general.

What I'm not is one of the people who deludes themselves into believing that their boycotts make the slightest amount of difference to places like Amazon.

Speaking of which, what makes you think Amazon or even Apple are so anti gun? Looks like they're sitting this one out to me.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rol-debate

Amazon, Apple Struggle to Sit Out NRA Gun-Control Debate

Gun-control activists are demanding that Amazon.com Inc. Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos do something he has carefully avoided: pick a side in a hot-button political debate.

The online retailer, along with Apple Inc., Roku Inc. and other video streaming services, is facing pressure from customers protesting any corporate relationship with the National Rifle Association in the aftermath of a Florida school shooting that killed 17 people. Even though it doesn’t sell guns or ammunition, Amazon is taking much of the heat. Angry consumers started using the hashtag #StopNRAmazon on Twitter, which surfaced last week with customers threatening to cancel their $99-a-year Prime subscriptions.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

What makes me know that Bezos is anti gun is everything he does, including buying the Washington Post and turning it into a mouthpiece for the Demonrat Party. Plus he's a huge donor to Demonrat candidates (he gave over $330,000 to Hillary Clinton's campaign). That's enough for me to figure I don't want to support his scummy ass. For those that don't want to keep their heads in the sand, this is a good place to research companies:

https://www.2ndvote.com/

https://www.2ndvote.com/amazons-allianc ... ternative/
Flash

Post by Flash »

I clicked you your websites and found a couple of interesting things:

1. The people who own and run 2ndvote decline to tell you who they are. That says a bunch to me right there.

2. 2ndvote claims " 2ndVote’s research has found that Amazon has banned the sale of firearms and their accessories"
Which isn't totally true. They don't sell firearms which makes sense since it would involve a ton of paperwork for them and the statement that they don't sell firearm accessories is totally false. I bought a lot of firearm accessories through them as can anyone else, so 2ndVote also either intentionally lies to promote their agenda or they don't bother doing research to back up their claims.

Both items are huge red flags for me and I'll avoid them.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

I get it, you like Amazon and you're looking for any excuse to keep shopping there so you can save a buck. Just ignore the facts that the owner is a globalist, monopolist, rotten person that treats his employees like dirt and is hugely active in helping anti 2nd politicians get into office; like Hillary frickin Clinton. After he bought the Washington Post he turned it into one of the worst propaganda rags in history. Hell send some money to Soros and Bloomberg while you're at it, they're doing the same thing.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I do like Amazon and I don't care if Bezos is a globalist, monopolist or a rotten person. A lot of people fit that description.

If he treats his employees like dirt, they're free to move on. I would. He's also free to donate to whoever he wants and so am I.

I don't care what he did to the Washington Post as I've never read it anyway. Virtually all newspapers are propaganda wings for the Dims, probably because most Journalism majors are bleeding heart liberals.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

I love the smell of a hypocrite in the morning.

Flash

Post by Flash »

Not at all, but you should use the same diligence in checking out 2ndvote that you use for checking out Amazon.

You're only deluding yourself if you think boycotting Amazon will have any effect whatsoever.