Police and other fed agencies are still civilians.

This is the place for those men and women who have given of themselves in military service to our country. Feel free to discuss anything as it relates to prior (or current) service... and we all thank you for your service!
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Police and other fed agencies are still civilians.

Post by kenpoprofessor »

You know, it's always been a point of contention with me when a fed or police officer refer to themselves as anything but a civilian. They refer to the common citizen as a civilian when they are in fact, civilians themselves. Those who join those agencies do so of their own free will, and may walk away at any time without penalty or loss of freedoms. There is no contract where they give up many of their Constitutionally protected rights to be governed by the UCMJ for the duration of the contract. SCOTUS decisions have been made, police have no duty to protect the average citizen, though they may choose to do so. If those cops in Uvalde had acted, how many lives would have been saved? Or Florida? Or any other situation where police did not act? They are civilians, and had no obligation of contract to act and/or face consequences.

As a veteran, it disturbs me that "civilians" act in such a way as to be unique among citizens. They are given broad powers and privileges that Active Duty or Veterans never get. (Blue Label for years didn't recognize vets or AD until recently) LEOSA is a prime example of these privileges. They are common citizens, not special in any way other than the power granted them by the state or municipality that grants it. Yet, they may carry a firearm in any state regardless of the laws there for the common citizens of that state.

I've never wanted to be a PO or Fed., my brother showed me exactly how not to act with a badge and gun, and the corruption that goes with it.

Anyways, out comes the fire suit, I know I'll get flamed for this one.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

action magic

Re: Police and other fed agencies are still civilians.

Post by action magic »

‘All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.’
Doc

Post by Doc »

5AA448B0-5602-4161-BE34-9AA7EE0F6283.jpeg
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Doc wrote: March 12th, 2024, 12:35 pm 5AA448B0-5602-4161-BE34-9AA7EE0F6283.jpeg
Can you dispute what I've written in any way? It seems you disagree, if so, then show me where I'm incorrect.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

action magic wrote: March 12th, 2024, 11:37 am ‘All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.’
I'm actually amazed how easily folks think LEOSA is a Constitutional law when it violates the 14th amendment Prima Facie under the equal protection of rights.

Fourteenth Amendment
Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5
The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this artic
QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 10:31 amI know I'll get flamed for this one.
Not by me.

The "special" treatment and attitude of various agents of the government has p!ssed me of for quite a few years.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuangTri wrote: March 12th, 2024, 2:57 pm
Not by me.

The "special" treatment and attitude of various agents of the government has p!ssed me of for quite a few years.
I'm sure there are others that feel the same, just most are scared to say or write it in a public setting. Me, I'm gonna say it, write it, and promulgate the message to any and all I have an audience of. I'm not even ashamed of the logic I use, and, if someone can dispute it, I'm willing to listen to their ideas or perceptions of what I believe. If it's sensical and logical, I may change my mind, so, convince me otherwise. Most of the naysayers just tell me to shut up and become a police officer if I don't like it. Wow, no, I would make a horrible police officer, because I would be honest, and rat out the bad ones in a minute. I would end up like that one guy that unalived himself (under very suspicious conditions) after he came forth about some bad guys in the force.

Clyde
action magic

Post by action magic »

Orwell.
Animal Farm et al. Many lessons to be learned
Doc

Post by Doc »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 1:40 pm
Doc wrote: March 12th, 2024, 12:35 pm 5AA448B0-5602-4161-BE34-9AA7EE0F6283.jpeg
Can you dispute what I've written in any way? It seems you disagree, if so, then show me where I'm incorrect.

Clyde
39DF08EF-A71B-40DF-B095-86E4C1B64202.jpeg
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Doc wrote: March 12th, 2024, 6:31 pm

So, you have no rebuttal and you post a meme, how quaint. I expected as much, no logic, no reason, just emotional bias, like a friggin' democRAT, same play. Does it look like bait? No, not to anyone with any damn sense in their head. If you took it that way, then I suggest some therapy to get your unresolved issues worked out.

Clyde
Doc

Post by Doc »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 6:48 pm
Doc wrote: March 12th, 2024, 6:31 pm

So, you have no rebuttal and you post a meme, how quaint. I expected as much, no logic, no reason, just emotional bias, like a friggin' democRAT, same play. Does it look like bait? No, not to anyone with any damn sense in their head. If you took it that way, then I suggest some therapy to get your unresolved issues worked out.

Clyde
26FDBDD4-5117-4070-BA7D-1097AF890D06.jpeg
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Doc wrote: March 12th, 2024, 7:34 pm

Clyde
[/quote]

So, yet again, as expected, with less brain capacity than the average primate. Don't tell me that's all you've got? Surely you could be more clever than what you've posted. C'mon, give it some meaning, what you've got so far is elementary school level. Step it up or step out. At least ask Carlos with some assistance on your memes, he is the king of them :mrgreen:

Clyde
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 7:45 pm

Clyde
So, yet again, as expected, with less brain capacity than the average primate. Don't tell me that's all you've got? Surely you could be more clever than what you've posted. C'mon, give it some meaning, what you've got so far is elementary school level. Step it up or step out. At least ask Carlos with some assistance on your memes, he is the king of them :mrgreen:

Clyde
[/quote]
Attachments
6a6bfc6e6cd47f3368549519c86a00fa.jpg
hrob

Post by hrob »

QuangTri wrote: March 12th, 2024, 2:57 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 10:31 amI know I'll get flamed for this one.
Not by me.

Or me.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 7:45 pm

Clyde

Clyde
[/quote]
CB1B2703-640A-4036-966A-563AE6A8D54E.jpeg
Oh please help me meme @Carlos602