USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor closed indefinitely

This is the place for those men and women who have given of themselves in military service to our country. Feel free to discuss anything as it relates to prior (or current) service... and we all thank you for your service!
tripletap
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor closed indefinitely

Post by tripletap »

went o the AZ memorial and the tide was high so all i got to do was watch the video and check out the USS Bowfin. I bought a few things at the gift shop for friends and the wife got suckered into buying maui divers shiite. sucks we couldnt get on.

Flash

Post by Flash »

Lobo2087 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 10:24 am Flash, would you do me a favor. Can you ask your friend to get some water from the harbor as near Arizona as he can.... I have family still inside there. I would like to put some water with my dirt from the Belleau wood wheat field and Iwo Jima sand.
I'm going there later this year and if he can't/won't, I will. How much do you want?
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

One of the small water bottles would be more than enough. I am going to transfer it to a glass bottle for display, i hope to find someone who can etch glass as I would like to get the id number etched to it. I would be ecstatic if it was close enough to have some of the oil in it. Thank you for the offer, No known family at Bealleu wood or Iwo but as a Marine obviously those two places have meaning, having a family member still inside Arizona makes that important. I wish I could recall his name. My grandmother used to tell stories about him unfortunately I was too young to care enough to remember the important parts.