Civilians .. am I right

This is the place for those men and women who have given of themselves in military service to our country. Feel free to discuss anything as it relates to prior (or current) service... and we all thank you for your service!
jls in az
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Civilians .. am I right

Post by jls in az »

What gets me is when a civilian LEO refers to non-LEO's as "Civilians." Sorry, but if you aren't subject to the UCMJ, you are a civilian!

Flash

Post by Flash »

jls in az wrote: December 8th, 2020, 1:24 pm What gets me is when a civilian LEO refers to non-LEO's as "Civilians." Sorry, but if you aren't subject to the UCMJ, you are a civilian!
Yep. A lot of them like to think they're not civilians, and they get a high and tight and wear black or blue fatigues and boots, but they're still civilians.
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

But without these guys 511 & Magpul would need a gov't bailout. Those stickers and t-shirts are a key part of the economy.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Delfuego wrote: December 8th, 2020, 2:40 pm But without these guys 511 & Magpul would need a gov't bailout. Those stickers and t-shirts are a key part of the economy.
:clap:
HazelM
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by HazelM »

AZ1182 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 8:44 pm
HazelM wrote: December 7th, 2020, 7:33 pm
AZ1182 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:56 pm You have to get the guns first, in order to have them available to be trained with. And training companies such as Gunsite for instance, requires or at least strongly suggests you have the appropriate gear.

So how do you suggest to get training otherwise if not buying guns and gear first? Because F U C K critical thinking and pro elitism tribal douchery, right?
why are civilians let in the Vet ? military chat ?
Just because you’re an idiot, doesn’t mean that you need to announce it online. Repeatedly.

Pop quiz time. Do you know what you become when you're no longer wearing the uniform? Answer? A civilian.
lol no they don't.
HazelM

Post by HazelM »

Flash wrote: December 8th, 2020, 3:02 pm
Delfuego wrote: December 8th, 2020, 2:40 pm But without these guys 511 & Magpul would need a gov't bailout. Those stickers and t-shirts are a key part of the economy.
:clap:
You make a solid point !
HazelM

Post by HazelM »

Flash wrote: December 8th, 2020, 2:29 pm
jls in az wrote: December 8th, 2020, 1:24 pm What gets me is when a civilian LEO refers to non-LEO's as "Civilians." Sorry, but if you aren't subject to the UCMJ, you are a civilian!
Yep. A lot of them like to think they're not civilians, and they get a high and tight and wear black or blue fatigues and boots, but they're still civilians.
nope lol those are just indoctrinated dudes . still not a civilian .
its like civilians weaseled their way into a chat they have no business being in.
please continue with your hare brained, rant .
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Huh, my first time in this forum and I can say with certainty I’m not impressed, especially with some of the opinions I’ve seen expressed.

As to the personal attacks, that ends now, if you can’t be civil, you can be gone.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

uh but wait, wasn't the chicken here long before the egg. right huh
Rj
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

The only mandatory training I would support is a mandatory 3 years in uniform protecting this nation. One active and two in the reserves, with monthly training. No exceptions, no deferrals. All people, between 18 and 21. The only exception would be for disabilities, such as complete paralysis or severe mental impairment.

Wait, the mental impairment exception would let most liberals skate; so let's just go with paralysis.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

jls in az wrote: December 9th, 2020, 5:30 pm The only mandatory training I would support is a mandatory 3 years in uniform protecting this nation. One active and two in the reserves, with monthly training. No exceptions, no deferrals. All people, between 18 and 21. The only exception would be for disabilities, such as complete paralysis or severe mental impairment.

Wait, the mental impairment exception would let most liberals skate; so let's just go with paralysis.
Nah. Hard pass on a mandatory military. I don't want to be like uncle europe or china or some other stupid ass country.

We could go for education within schooling to learn about firearms, training with firearms and having it a. part of the education process just like taking shop or metal working etc. instead of deciding which gender you want to make believe and be to be edgy and piss off your parents with.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

The problem with mandatory military is you are also then training anqueefa and burn loot murder scum as well as every ghetto rat how to actually shoot and scoot.
Let’s save that for those that want to serve this country rather than teaching squad tactics to those it should be used against.

And as far as “military training” goes, up until combat operations started after 9/11 much of the training was rather inadequate, I taught firearms at both Glynco and Artesia FLETC for years to every agency except FBI and Secret Service, and quite honestly most of the prior military trainees were unprepared for deadly force evolutions, in some cases they weren’t even familiar with the systems they were issued while in the military.
They might know rifle/carbine basics, but were at a loss when presented with real world scenarios.

Now I’m off to play some Battlefield 5 so I can keep my LARP game strong!
Longhair1957

Post by Longhair1957 »

Gunslinger808 wrote: December 9th, 2020, 10:05 pm The problem with mandatory military is you are also then training anqueefa and burn loot murder scum as well as every ghetto rat how to actually shoot and scoot.
Let’s save that for those that want to serve this country rather than teaching squad tactics to those it should be used against.

And as far as “military training” goes, up until combat operations started after 9/11 much of the training was rather inadequate, I taught firearms at both Glynco and Artesia FLETC for years to every agency except FBI and Secret Service, and quite honestly most of the prior military trainees were unprepared for deadly force evolutions, in some cases they weren’t even familiar with the systems they were issued while in the military.
They might know rifle/carbine basics, but were at a loss when presented with real world scenarios.

Now I’m off to play some Battlefield 5 so I can keep my LARP game strong!
I agree, I joined in ‘74. Right after I turned 17. I was in the recruiters office at 16. Was told I had to wait till I turned 17. Plus parents signature.

I learned the care And cleaning, of my M16, and basic 1911 use. I learned so much more for my 1911’s in competition after service.

Training was more about accuracy than tactical. I grew up shooting so that part was already 2nd nature.

Some were naturally good shots. Some were so bad, that they should be assigned to a “paper cut” job.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

The one thing that almost all veterans come out of the military with is the ability to accept, work with, and develop a camaraderie with, people of other races and backgrounds. You learn that you and your little world are not the be all and end all; that you are serving something bigger and more important than yourself. Perhaps that is more important to learn than how to use any weapon or tactic.
hairygreek

Post by hairygreek »

Owning inanimate objects like firearms should require no more training than owning a chainsaw etc. Safety is your own problem.