Civilians .. am I right

This is the place for those men and women who have given of themselves in military service to our country. Feel free to discuss anything as it relates to prior (or current) service... and we all thank you for your service!
HazelM
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Civilians .. am I right

Post by HazelM »

Oh civilians , such adorable things with their High-speed gear and lingo.
is it just me or is anyone else tired of watching droves of them purchase firearms with no regard to training? Should they be required to undergo basic rifleman/pistol training before being aloud to even come close to Gun store ?

HazelM

Re: Civilians .. am I right

Post by HazelM »

AZ1182 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:13 pm I think that the hall monitors are worse than those that they despise, actually.
because F U C K training am I right . ya training sucks, being proficient in anything is so lame and cumbersome. Thats why you can just start driving at 16.
delta6
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by delta6 »

HazelM wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:22 pm
AZ1182 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:13 pm I think that the hall monitors are worse than those that they despise, actually.
because F U C K training am I right . ya training sucks, being proficient in anything is so lame and cumbersome. Thats why you can just start driving at 16.
Yeah... yep..
Hard for me since I don't agree with AZ1182 most times... but HazelIM, if I was in charge of this site... your ass would be banned until you showed me your training certificate of training "to speak". Just reading your post.. your syntax is wrong, your spelling sucks and you are lame. It is a right. Buy a copy of the constitution (read it), a dictionary (might read this also), take an English class and then come back and lecture us (with a graduation certificate).

There were guys like you around in 1776.. if I recall, they shot them.

OH...PS..+1 for AZ1182...Thanx Brother
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

OK we have an A-HOLE invasion. HazelM has 3 posts and he/she/it is here to tell everybody what's what.

I don't ignore anyone so I can see who is and isn't an A-Hole. HazelM just made the cut. Kicks his arrse out.
Last edited by YNOTAZ on December 7th, 2020, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
428cj

Post by 428cj »

Yeah... yep..
Hard for me since I don't agree with AZ1182 most times... but HazelIM, if I was in charge of this site... your ass would be banned until you showed me your training certificate of training "to speak". Just reading your post.. your syntax is wrong, your spelling sucks and you are lame. It is a right. Buy a copy of the constitution (read it), a dictionary (might read this also), take an English class and then come back and lecture us (with a graduation certificate).
[/quote]

Buy a copy of the constitution (read it), Trouble is, can he read?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

aw the horror of it all, hehehe the bullshiat meter is running on this one.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

knockonit wrote: December 7th, 2020, 6:12 pm aw the horror of it all, hehehe the bullshiat meter is running on this one.
Not running, reading full-up.

Where the hell are they coming from. That's two gun forums with newbies that know everything.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

More false flags trying to stir up dissent in the ranks.
HazelM

Post by HazelM »

oh man the tension is palpable. god forbid anyone have valid input . how many of you can actually keep a natural hard on out of curiosity ? does your gun collection reflect your lack of physical capabilities &, dare I say , training :) . go drill you Soup Sammiches . I know , I know your knees hurt , my heart condition blah blah . Go drill Grandpas
HazelM

Post by HazelM »

AZ1182 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:56 pm
HazelM wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:22 pm
You have to get the guns first, in order to have them available to be trained with. And training companies such as Gunsite for instance, requires or at least strongly suggests you have the appropriate gear.

So how do you suggest to get training otherwise if not buying guns and gear first? Because F U C K critical thinking and pro elitism tribal douchery, right?
why are civilians let in the Vet ? military chat ?
HazelM

Post by HazelM »

When the Vet/military chat is plagued by Civilian boomers.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

AZ1182 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 8:44 pm Pop quiz time. Do you know what you become when you're no longer wearing the uniform? Answer? A civilian.
:clap:
They're obviously just baiting. And, if they were trying to sow division, they failed miserably. Everyone is clearly unified against them.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Not if you retire. You are then part of the "inactive reserve" subject to recall to active duty.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

The poster is either a new komifornia transplant, or a internet liberal shill, emboldened by the stolen election; trying to stir and divide...
ETA [rant on]
I think we may see more of that type of thing in the coming months... it got cold outside so some of the protestors are taking their activities online where its warm and cozy...

However on the subject of new gun owners and training...
The concept is a hard one to evaluate....

On one hand you have individual rights that others can't dictate and on the other are the rights to safety by uninvolved parties...

Many of us grew up with guns, they were pretty common in many/most households and it was typical to learn gun handling and safety from parents or peers.
Times have changed and many more/most people grow up seeing guns only in the movies or video games - and it is always a shoot-em-up event- so where do they learn to handle a gun? where is their common sense - (another commodity missing from today's urban breather).

A situation comes along where all of a sudden they think they need a gun- so now gun sales soar-welcome to the gun community- lots of new risk put on the street. So... they play with it in front of the TV, pop the cat a couple of times and just itch to shoot it - so where do they go?
Well... where is there to go? To a public range or out in the hinterland where nobody will see and call the cops.... maybe take a couple friends, some brewski and make an event out of it...

Do you want to be "in range" when this idiot shows up? This is one reason I have avoided public ranges for the past 15+ years (besides the Nazi RO's and rules of use and of course now we have check-in and surveillance)

Govt. oversight is still unacceptable... in any form. A training certificate or any other form of 'required approval' is registration by another name and the answer is NO... hell NO!

But, it would be nice if all these new gun owners had a certain level of competence... Training would require a suitable place, time and instructor... these all cost $$ so leaving it to the individual would leave many not doing it, unless its free.

About the only solution I can come up with is if some industry org (SAF, GOA, NSSF, JPFO,AZCDL or NRA) put a voucher or coupon in the box with every gun sold (only dealers of course) for a free basic safety and training course. The instructors and facilities could then get paid for their time and a larger number of people would get the knowledge we need to feel better being around them. This would likely also generate additional paid training by those wanting more.

Just an idea... if we, as an interest group don't do something, some politician will... and you know how that goes. [rant off]
Last edited by Harrier on December 8th, 2020, 7:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

This is classic troll BS, people; just ignore.