Bear canyon/ the rim

This is the place to talk about general outdoor activities like fishing, off-roading, hiking, camping, hunting, mountain climbing, etc...
Azdonald
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Bear canyon/ the rim

Post by Azdonald »

Got invited up there next week to camp a couple day any restrictions going on or anything that's important with "all that's going on" thanks

javelinadave
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bear canyon/ the rim

Post by javelinadave »

Was up there last week and no restrictions.
Call the Ranger Station at 928-535-7300 for the up to the minute SITREP.
Stray Horse

Post by Stray Horse »

It will be a zoo.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Hopefully we're beyond the time of year when the types that load 23 people in a maroon truck with chrome around every edge come and set up "camp" with their entire living room furniture set.

Bear Canyon was my favorite place to camp, fish, and/or just enjoy the woods ever since I was about 5 years old. Now I only go once a year and it's just a reminder that this state is going down the tubes. Last couple times I haven't even bothered setting up camp. My new favorite spot is down a pretty rough 4WD road that keeps the lowlifes out 90 percent of the time, but I'm sure my time there is limited too.
Azdonald

Post by Azdonald »

Appreciate the replies!
We normally go further back past the numbered sites.
Went Thur-sun our area didn't get to bad untill Saturday late afternoon. But the numbered site were packed
On Friday it looked like.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

SIL is ranger in that area, and says the pigs showed up, trashed everywhere, no respect for the forest or anything else. rules weren't meant for any of them as they ''didn't know'' even though posted everywhere,
he sent pictures absolutely horrible what the slobs and shiatheads left, makes desert shooters look like enviromentalists
Rj
javelinadave

Post by javelinadave »

Agree with what RJ is saying. We camped past the numbered areas about a 1/4 mile past the power lines. I was also shocked by the amount of used toilet paper everywhere. Somebody even left behind a brand new lug-a-loo crapper full of poo. We packed out a lot more garbage than we brought in and didn't make a dent in the total amount.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Yup, when I was up there in May it was a disaster. Bags of trash left everywhere in the forest that the animals had scattered everywhere, TP every 5 feet, the doors on the john by the lake were torn off and filled with feces and trash, and all in all it was busy with oversocialized assholes that couldn't fathom the idea of going somewhere to be away from people. The camp sites on the road to the lake lots have been bad for a while, but up until they did the thinning a few years ago the sites along the road to the power lines were good. I think before the forest was dense enough a ton of people couldn't get in there, or at least you could park and defend your site from the types that roll in at 2am.