Lakes affected by curfew?

This is the place to talk about general outdoor activities like fishing, off-roading, hiking, camping, hunting, mountain climbing, etc...
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Lakes affected by curfew?

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Looking to head out and do some night fishing, are lakes like Canyon affected by the curfew?

Wife and I usually fish from midnight till dawn, then get out before the drunks and idiots get there.

Hedley lamarr 23
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Lakes affected by curfew?

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Thats a great question!.... Wish i knew... Hopefully somebody smarter than me will chime in 👍
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Unfortunately when they governor issues a statewide curfew it covers everything
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i'd go anyway, not like they'll have a deputy on the water chasing down fishermen.

gaggle of bars open, i just came from cave creek to south of bell and at least a half dozen bars were open and had a slue of cars in lots
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

You're going out to get something to eat. Totally within the guidelines of allowing you to travel after curfew...

1. During the hours of curfew, all persons are prohibited from using, standing, sitting, traveling or being present on any public street or in any public place, including for the purpose of travel, with the following exemptions:

1.All law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics or other medical personnel, National Guard, as
well as any other emergency response personnel authorized by the State of Arizona, and credentialed members of the media.

2.Individuals traveling directly to and from work; attending religious services; commercial trucking and delivery services; obtaining food; caring for a family member, friend, or animal; patronizing or operating private businesses; seeking medical care or fleeing dangerous circumstances; and travel for any of the above services.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

You'll be fine.

You will only be scrutinized if you are in the downtown areas of municipalities, retail businesses, parks, etc., etc.,.... Basically anywhere where looters and thugs would gather to do damage and criminal sh!t.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

My big concern was if the boat ramps are closed and locked like they did with the Shanghai Shivers.

Hate to drag it up there just to have to come home.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well imo the curfew did what it was intended to do, keep the nar do wells at bay, but it also fooled the real locals, who need a life.

I haven't changed my MO period thru out whole scam, meaning the scamdemic and the floyd deal (other than i added to my daily carry, just incase as all my trucks have company names on them),
it was a tool to control groups, pretty much it.

lotsa stories about they did this and that, thru out areas of state, as i don't put much credence in any news report, so one has to decide for them selves what works.
good luck with it, when in my day i fished fanatically, nothing would have stopped me from being on the lake short of a lighting storm :dance: Holding a lighting rod didn't appeal to me much.
rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Gunslinger808 wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:01 pm Looking to head out and do some night fishing, are lakes like Canyon affected by the curfew?

Wife and I usually fish from midnight till dawn, then get out before the drunks and idiots get there.
I cant answer that but I thought I might share something. I have always wanted to fish and it never stuck but knowing near nothing about fishing or ecosystems

I was out in canyon lake Friday and Sunday kayaking. I leave here when the sun is rising and am packed up and leaving the lake before 10am

I dont know if something got in the water or the unusual early heat but .. there was a slew of dead fish floating around in the lake. I know things die and come to the surface but I am at the local lakes and river regularly for the last 6 years and I have never seen so many floaters. Well over 50 and approaching 100 easy. Was weird.

Mostly smaller fish maybe 5-6 inches in length and a couple of larger ones around 10 inches.

The wife and I will make a run to canyon lake sometimes in the evening or early morning just to take a quick dunk in the lake to cool off since its pretty close and a nice ride on the bike but .. we chose NOT to swim in it because of all the dead fish.

Guess if it is just a catch and release fishing trip it would be fine but at the moment .. I dont think I want to eat anything that came out of it.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Don’t know Boriqua, maybe they caught the Corona!

I’ve seen it before, real quick heat up, the algae growing like crazy, plus spawn die off.

As to boat ramps being open, I called Game and Fish, lady said unless your protesting and being an idiot there is no problem, and the ramps are open.

And on catch and release, heck I never catch anything anyway, just a nice way to get out and enjoy an evening.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Gunslinger808 wrote: June 4th, 2020, 2:59 pm And on catch and release, heck I never catch anything anyway, just a nice way to get out and enjoy an evening.
I figured as much and its the reason .. before I pass .. I will learn about fishing damnit!! :mrgreen:

Anyway .. the algae bloom is a real possibility. Last year this time the lake was still really clear and the wife and I were loving it .. this year, same time .. its really green and murky and I usually dont see it this green until almost August.

I think I saw a few fish with masks .. so I am going to rule out Corona ... for now!
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I did an all night fishing trip during this with no issues. No reason to worry if your not rioting. 🤷🏼‍♂️