Pay to “Learn how to hunt”

This is the place to talk about general outdoor activities like fishing, off-roading, hiking, camping, hunting, mountain climbing, etc...
Edge
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Pay to “Learn how to hunt”

Post by Edge »

For several years I've been guiding hunts for various species in an injured vet program with the AZ Elk Society. Very satisfying to give back to these vets.
I do outfitting like drop camps, water caches, meat retrieval, etc, for hunters, biologists, photographers...but I've yet to encounter a service teaching hunting skills. If this is something you would like help with, PM me and let's see if I can help.

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I think if someone is willing to hump Lobo's gear and provide him a comfy bed he might be willing to teach someone to hunt!! :dance:

Of course .. you might have to carry him
Lobo.jpg
delta6

Post by delta6 »

brandoneqy

Post by brandoneqy »

I appreciate all of the info guys. I’ve paid for the license and put in for the draw.

I purchased a newbie 7mm Rem Mag rifle (which i understand may be a little overkill for deer, but fine for elk should it ever happen). Planning on taking it to the range/dispersed shooting location soon.

Will probably purchase a shotgun to bird hunt, and/or a smaller rifle (possibly .17HMR) for much smaller game.

Someone reached out to me and am planning on tagging along should I be drawn or not. Either way, I’m excited and appreciate all of the info
Chris_Y

Post by Chris_Y »

Crippledtrigger wrote: April 6th, 2020, 7:19 am 2. No real boar hunting in AZ. The nasty ars substitute, Javelina, are large rats with disgusting tasting trash meat. That said lots of guys eat em. Guys with no sense of smell or taste but guys all the same.
Funny and True!