Any fisherman out there?

This is the place to talk about general outdoor activities like fishing, off-roading, hiking, camping, hunting, mountain climbing, etc...
AGE Mechanic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Any fisherman out there?

Post by AGE Mechanic »

We camped at The Flats out there at Bartlett Lake a couple weeks ago. The water level was a little low, not many fish being caught. But it fun and we had a nice time.
Next, we might go to Big Lake.

What are some of your favorite AZ lakes and why?

knockonit

Re: Any fisherman out there?

Post by knockonit »

well, if horse shoe had any water in it, it was a fish factory, but alas, the eviro's screwed it up so bad they let the water flow thru.

barlets a decent lake, but in summer, alamo, but its under the engineers bullshiat and its way down, they did a draw down to do something for the riparian below damm, jesus h christy we are a desert, why release water uselessly, we are in a drought cycle, idgits.

big lake is a great choice, i assume they stock it, so finding out when and where, and one can fill up on some skillet size units, for breakfast.

It was one of my favorite lakes on spring fishing, especially when the ice first thaws, the fish were hungry and big, nothing like a fresh trout on the barbie in the wild, sure do miss those days

I've a rather fast bass boat that hasn't been to the lake in a couple years, since my long time fishing buddy passed, kinda not into the fishing like i was, so the going really fast on the water is a hoot, but kinda decided to get rid of it, and find something else to do.
grandkids aren't into fishing, so, there it is
Rj
guardyan_angyl

Post by guardyan_angyl »

Man I miss fishing. Used to love going to the salt when the cats were running and just reeling em in one after another. Caught over a hundred pounds of cats in one night with only four or five fish! Used to spend a lot of time chasing Crappie and Bass up on San Carlos too. Those days seem gone. I really miss getting out and doing it. Life has a way of interfering I guess. My dad always had a bass boat and we would fish like crazy. Used to pull me out of school to hit the lake (without moms knowledge of course). He sold the boat and we just haven’t been. Need to get the kids out and start again.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Too dang hot now
Attachments
image.jpeg
AGE Mechanic

Post by AGE Mechanic »

I forgot about San Carlos lake. We used to catch big slab crappie out there.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Just outfitted the wife and my kayaks with lights, we’re going to start hitting up Saguaro and Canyon lake at night.

Avoid the heat, avoid the idiots, and hopefully catch some fish.

Get there about midnight, leave about 0800.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I used to fish as much as hunt. As. A teen I loved hitting golf course lakes till security ran us off. Every now and again we got a suprize. One day at the lake north of northern west of 19 ave my buddy caught a 30 lbs channel at the same time I nearly had the rod ripped out of my hand by a striped Bass. The cat was nearly 3 feet long and the bass was the best fight of my life till then. Threw the bass back and ate the cat. It to both of us to get it home.

I quit fishing in my 20s and only hunted after that. I cant hunt anymore but my girls are interested in fishing so I might start again. I live less than a mile from one of the best bass lakes in the state.
mds587
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by mds587 »

My family used to hit Bartlett/Roosevelt for crappie a couple times a month, but the fishing has been horrible for the past few years. We tried Patagonia Lake over Memorial Day weekend though, and caught more crappie from our kayaks than we have from the Salt River lakes in years. It’s a drive though... it’s right outside Nogales. I’ve always been a panfish guy, but I’m considering switching to bass to actually catch something up here.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Alamo has been the hot ticket last few weeks, however rosie has been giving up quite a few on top water early am, afore the sun rises too high,

i've a bass boat that needs to go, but just can't seem to put it together, sure do miss my ole fishing buddy,
Rj
JLG61
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by JLG61 »

I enjoy fishing, just recently relocated from the Valley to Payson. The fire restrictions have kept me from hitting the streams this summer, have been out in my little boat 3 times to Willow Springs which is my go to Rim Lake... also hit Green Valley Park a couple weeks ago.. in Payson, just blue gill and crappie but a fun evening never the less.. hope to get out to Willow again soon....
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

Even with lower lake levels, the rim lakes have been pretty good.
Pistolpete1216

Post by Pistolpete1216 »

A few of my recent tanks:
Attachments
9C921C1C-46B6-4E8D-AA90-8F79236F1531.png
F8198B3B-29CF-4FDA-B9BD-37D50C01654F.jpeg
7296D746-B402-4B19-A65A-D4F528D3A6F2.jpeg
AD911BD6-DED3-4313-972F-B35605BAAB8F.jpeg
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Gunslinger808 wrote: June 16th, 2018, 2:11 pm Just outfitted the wife and my kayaks with lights, we’re going to start hitting up Saguaro and Canyon lake at night.

Avoid the heat, avoid the idiots, and hopefully catch some fish.

Get there about midnight, leave about 0800.
Has Apache, Canyon, and Saguaro recovered from the Golden algae yet? Last I heard a good chunk of the fish population in those lakes had been killed off.
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Pistolpete1216 wrote: August 19th, 2018, 6:22 am A few of my recent tanks:
Nice ! Maybe I need to go out again and not just play fish in the Urban pounds :D
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Pistolpete1216 wrote: August 19th, 2018, 6:22 am A few of my recent tanks:
I like to fish! :greetings-wavegreen:

I have fished rainbow and browns in fresh water Conn. lakes and rivers, sea bass, flounder, smelt and frost fish in the Long Island Sound off Conn. coast line,... netted smelt in streams on moon lit nights, browns in lakes and yellow perch in the cranberry bogs of Maine,... crappies, walleye and pike in northern Minnesota land of lakes,... packed horse above tree line in the Colorado Rockies, to beaver ponds, for native cutthroats ,... brookies in Vermont from tiny streams almost completely hidden by 4 foot high hay fields,... and, while snorkeling took everything that swam in front of me, from barracuda just off shore line to scuba diving to 100 foot depth for giant angles with a Hawaiian sling, in the US Virgin Islands,... and probably a few others I have forgotten,... but never thought about getting serious in Arizona, until I saw these pics of those large mouth bass,... man-o-man,... sends chills up my spine just thinking about playing one of those on a nice lite rig.

Thanks Pistolpete,.... great catch !!! :clap:
Last edited by shooter444 on August 28th, 2018, 9:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.