2022 fall draw

This is the place to talk about general outdoor activities like fishing, off-roading, hiking, camping, hunting, mountain climbing, etc...
Hedley lamarr 23
ArizonaShooting.org Member

2022 fall draw

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Hello folks...I'm seeing i just got 2 cc charges this morning!...looks like deer... and turkey on the rim in October...anybody else?..Goodluck to you all :clap: ....jim

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: 2022 fall draw

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I got a deer tag and two of my kids got javelina. We'll see if we get anything else before it's over.
stomp442

Post by stomp442 »

Looks like we got one youth tag and thats all that matters.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

stomp442 wrote: June 28th, 2022, 1:36 pm Looks like we got one youth tag and thats all that matters.
Great to hear. When I'm going on a hunt, I don't feel like it's any more rewarding for me to pull the trigger, so I think it's a bonus when the kids get drawn.
stomp442

Post by stomp442 »

AZ_Five56 wrote: June 28th, 2022, 1:46 pm
stomp442 wrote: June 28th, 2022, 1:36 pm Looks like we got one youth tag and thats all that matters.
Great to hear. When I'm going on a hunt, I don't feel like it's any more rewarding for me to pull the trigger, so I think it's a bonus when the kids get drawn.
Totally agree. We had two youth put in this year. My 16 year old Niece who hasn't been drawn since she was 10 and then a friend of mines daughter who just turned 10 and is totally pumped about hunting. Any way you cut it this year should be a blast. I am hoping there is a chance at a left over tag someplace.
Stray Horse

Post by Stray Horse »

Too many people moving here. Can't get drawn for deer.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

13 years without an elk tag, i finally gave up, had a gaggle of points, didn' mean shite.

way too many outta staters buying tags, way too many hunting too, went scouting with a buddy two years ago, and ran into so many people, and we were in bfe.
too bad, sign of the times, if all hell did break loose, this mofos would decimate the game in no time. they shoot anything
KAC shooter

Post by KAC shooter »

Was able to get drawn for Kaibab archery. Super excited but this will only be my second hunt, any tips for that area?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

KAC shooter wrote: July 5th, 2022, 3:04 pm Was able to get drawn for Kaibab archery. Super excited but this will only be my second hunt, any tips for that area?
kaibabs a big place, what unit hunted 12 b for years, both rifle and archery back in late 80s and 90s great hunt ,awesome animals to choos e from if you do your work
good luck
Rj
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

KAC shooter wrote: July 5th, 2022, 3:04 pm Was able to get drawn for Kaibab archery. Super excited but this will only be my second hunt, any tips for that area?
Congrats! That's supposed to be an incredible area. Which unit did you get exactly?

I've never hunted there, but I know there's a big north-south dear migration area where they're densely populated east of Kanab. I've driven that highway east of Kanab a couple of times, and the road has been littered with deer just outside of town. If it's that good on the Utah side, I'm sure the Arizona side is spectacular.
KAC shooter

Post by KAC shooter »

AZ_Five56 wrote: July 5th, 2022, 3:13 pm
Congrats! That's supposed to be an incredible area. Which unit did you get exactly?

I've never hunted there, but I know there's a big north-south dear migration area where they're densely populated east of Kanab. I've driven that highway east of Kanab a couple of times, and the road has been littered with deer just outside of town. If it's that good on the Utah side, I'm sure the Arizona side is spectacular.
I got drawn for 12a
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

only hunted it once, many moons ago, good area, will have to do some major scouting or know someone who has hunted area, might go on one of the archery hunt sites in Az, and see who can share what, most won't go into much detail, but knowledge is equal to success.
got some hills to hump. for sure
rj
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

Skunked again in 2022.

Yeap, hard to call it a hobby when you only get drawn every 6-8 years. My last draw was Elk in 2014 and deer in 2016. At this rate I may get a trip with grandsons twice before they are out of high school. Hard to pass a skill on to the next generations this way.

In my opinion the bonus point thing favors those that play the unit draw odds. And us old guys that like a specific area get the short end of it.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

already shared the history no need to go again, see i forgot i did, lol :oops:
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Unit 42..muley! :violin: