NICE RAIN

This is the place to talk about general outdoor activities like fishing, off-roading, hiking, camping, hunting, mountain climbing, etc...
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

NICE RAIN

Post by knockonit »

Boy howdy, good rain, soaker for sure in some spots, little wind damage here and there, but am glad it came thru, gonna have to fix up a blown over tree, and figure out getting water off my bass boat cover, but just maybe, another one or two of these and the shooting lamp is lit, just thinking out loud

Rj

Suck My Glock

Re: NICE RAIN

Post by Suck My Glock »

I'm over here by the Glendale airport and both neighbors have lost probably 25% of all their shingles. Hurricane force over here, it was. But the outside temps are great. I'm sitting here on the back porch, using my Verizon data because the power is out, watching the trees sway and listening to the thunder.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Got some hail in northwest Tempe. The big palms along University/32nd Street were making for road coarse type driving from all the downed tree tops. Probably blew a dozen of the down, snapped in half!
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

My mesquite tree in the front yard is quite a bit thinner. Looks like I need to bring the sawzall home from work tomorrow afternoon.....
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Power still out. APS says 8am at the soonest.
MTURBO

Post by MTURBO »

I found toads hoping in my yard afterward. :)
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

In AJ it was not a good time. Drove into a wall of dirt at 3:20 yesterday on Apache Trail. Visibility was down to 10-20 feet. I pulled into a lot and took 20 min for it to pass. Then mild rain followed by sheets of rain. Then golf ball sized hail. I parked under a tree at Walmart and feld my truck getting dented for about 10-15 min. Then stopped and storm was over.
lew

Post by lew »

Good thing I cleaned off the patio, driveway, and front walkway on Sunday. :doh: Looks like we got as much mud as we did rain.
Flash

Post by Flash »

In S/E Gilbert all we got was 2 hours of slow steady rain and maybe 15 mph winds. The pool temp did drop by 4 degrees though, so that's a good thing. It was getting too hot.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Monsoon started down here in Cochise. Sunny in the AM then clouds and pouring rain in the afternoon. Did have some heavy wind the other day bit no damage.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I was up in chino valley yesterday, spit on me from sunset point up, was storms all around on my way back to the valley around 1130 i stopped at leftys to have lunch, and watched it rain thru the window, kinda enjoyed that, i remember the whole dewey humbolt area when there wasn't jack shiat. couple ranchs and farms. and lotsa cattle and horses. no fracken people, especially no neophytes to screw shiat up.

anyhow, looked like preskitt got hammered.
spit on me all the way to cordes jt, then a tad here and there, but once down off the mesa, it was done, and warmed up some.

up north sure has been getting some good rain, nice to see, see alittle green soon. the burn areas are coming back real slow, need mo water.
Rj
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

That's what I miss the most, rolling green hills...

We were considering moving up to Preskitt a few years ago but our house didn't sell and now that area is too $$$ and way too many kalifornicans. We drove over toward wikiburg but nothing tripped our trigger. I went thru payson a couple of times and that looks like an interesting area to me, if I can get off the beaten path and still have fair access to the city when I need to get something.
MTURBO

Post by MTURBO »

Looks like we might even get a little rain again today..at the moment anyways.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I think it's going to wait until I'm doing laps in the pool and then open up, but that's okay as I like swimming in the rain. I just get out the minute I see lightning or hear thunder.

Reminds me of a day years ago when I was on Waikiki swimming with Mrs. Flash. It started raining hard and everybody (but me and Mrs. Flash) got out of the ocean and under an overhang. There was absolutely no lightning or thunder.

Old habits die hard, I guess.
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

4 out of 5 nights...hit pretty hard in chandler