Gun range closures due to COVID-19?

This is the forum to use to start organizing events or planning for them, before scheduling them.
NBC_LT
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun range closures due to COVID-19?

Post by NBC_LT »

I am planning to go to Elsey Pearson range tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if it has been closed due to social distancing pandemic mitigation practices. It seems that municipalities, counties, and states are starting to limit meeting sizes, or places of congregation, events, etc.

I wonder if this will affect public range availability soon - nobody to open the gates??

Anyone have news, or gone today?

Razai

Re: Gun range closures due to COVID-19?

Post by Razai »

Avery was packed today.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

if anyone objects- you know what to do...
Basher

Post by Basher »

Harrier wrote: March 14th, 2020, 4:42 pm if anyone objects- you know what to do...
Cough/sneeze on them?? :lol: I keed, I keed!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

City of Phoenix Parks Dept. has stipulated no gatherings larger than 75 people. Other municipal powers might start doing similar or harsher.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Well that 75 max certainly makes a lot of sense... NOT
1 infected maybe = 74 new infections going out and infecting that many more...
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

Elsey Pearson was open yesterday and had a good amount of folks having fun.... for now.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Just got back from Teds about an hour ago. Open for business and was fairly busy
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Went to Ben Avery this morning. Sign said "RANGE CLOSED." Turns out that meant the public range. Those who had reserved ranges for matches and other events were allowed through the gate. But starting Monday, closed to everybody.
They said "until Thursday," but we shall see what happens by then.
This may have been my last trip to Ben Avery for awhile. Or not.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, my last trip to avery to shoot was years ago, other than the sporting clays, and to watch a couple matches. target shooting, no freaking way

happy saturday smucks
RJ
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

knockonit wrote: March 21st, 2020, 1:56 pm lol, my last trip to avery to shoot was years ago, other than the sporting clays, and to watch a couple matches. target shooting, no freaking way

happy saturday smucks
RJ
Same here.
Papago

Post by Papago »

Rio is still open got an email today. One shotgun area closed but the rest still open.
FireArmTom

Post by FireArmTom »

Avery Trap range is open.
smithers599

Re: BEN AVERY HAS CLOSED THE RESTROOMS

Post by smithers599 »

Ben Avery still open to User Groups -- in theory -- BUT
they have locked the bathrooms. Can't run much of a match or class without bathrooms, can you?
Good morning User Groups.

I am back in the office after two days out last week. I have talked with many of you regarding the daily changes that are occurring all around us, and I wanted to share with you the latest changes regarding the range.

From the beginning of these unusual circumstances, we have tried to accommodate all users of the facility the best that we could, while adhering to the CDC recommendations and the directions from our Governor. Even after closing to the public, we were able to stay open to the User Groups with the understanding that they would control their own class size and follow the CDC recommendations. As time went, the CDC and the Governor have increased their recommendations and it has brought us to where we are now. Please know that we understand that for several of you, this is your job and this is how you support your family. We are continuing to try and meet the CDC and the Governors guidelines and remain open, but it is getting difficult.

Some of you may have received a phone call from one of our staff over the weekend letting you know of these new changes. Effective Saturday, April 4 at 1700 hours, all buildings and restrooms were closed until further notice. Ranges may still be used but it is up to the instructor to enforce the social distancing rule of 6-8 feet between all students. It is also recommended that you bring, or instruct your students to bring a form of hand sanitizer to wipe off their hands after shooting / being at the range.

We will still have some staff on site and we will be conducting patrols. If we see that the social distancing is not being adhered to, we will ask you to leave. Knowing that the restrooms are closed, does not mean that you will be allowed to use the facility as a facility. Anyone caught or, if we receive word that your students were using the range as a facility, your UG will be suspended. Think of the next group and would you want to find that coming onto a range with your clients.

If you have programs currently scheduled in Book Ben and you decide that you are going to cancel them, please remember to remove them from Book Ben prior to your event.

Again, we are doing what we can to try to stay open for as long as we can and still, achieve our overall goal of keeping everyone safe. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation during these ever changing times.
May be a good chance to practice shooting while hopping up and down with your legs crossed.
NYC2AZ
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by NYC2AZ »

Joe Foss Range in Buckeye (AKA Buckeye Hills Shooting Range) is open. I shot there last weekend and again today. Only open Friday, Sat. & Sun. Must make reservation on line to shoot. Very well run, they sanitize the benches, target frames and tape.