SHOOT AND BBQ ON HOLD

This is the forum to use to start organizing events or planning for them, before scheduling them.
Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: SHOOT AND BBQ ON HOLD

Post by Doc »

That Guy wrote: March 29th, 2022, 2:53 pm How many people on this board without doing an internet search can tell me the following:
*What channel were “Wallace and Ladmo” on?
*On what street was “Shooters Haven” located?
*What put Bohm’s gun shop out of business?
“On what day and evening could civilians drive up use the shooting ranges at the AZ National Guard headquarters on McDowell Rd?
“In what high school in the 1970’s were the biggest gun shows in Phoenix held?”

The fact is most of you on this board can’t answer those questions and all you FNG’s who moved here from California, Illinois, New York and wherever else are not part of the problem-YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
I wasn’t even sperm back then you angry old bastard. :mrgreen:

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

haha, lotsa history lost here in phoenix, i didn't get to the city much till i petitioned the old man to let me move here with my uncle(about 63 or 64 when i was about 14 or so), but am an Az boy growing up in BFE on a cattle and horse set up way down south east Az.
and one of my much younger sisters did get a ladmo bag when she was here visiting, was on the show i believe, and i have it somewhere stashed, i believe.
amazingly there was an old thread on the original site that had long time locals sharing sites and pictures of things gone by, shame it was lost.
Many things in Az have been lost, and most likely not to be seen again. Times they are a changing, and IMO not for the best
may the farce end soon, before it ends us.
RJ
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Yep, the changes we see are not good and unfortunately many are coming from California. They still have around 40,000 per month leaving Cali with a large number coming here, then voting to make this "just like home".
Longhair1957

Post by Longhair1957 »

Great grandpa came here in 1873, grandpa was born here in 1890, dad was born here in 1929, I was born here in 1957. Dad’s moms family also have been here since the 1870’s. Moms family came here from OK during the dust bowl. They came here as migrant field pickers.I watched Wallace and ladino everyday on KPHO channel 5!

I remember space between towns, the space was always fields for miles. Now, you can’t tell when you leave one town for another.
We used to walk to the circle k carrying our .22 rifles. We had to lean them outside the store. We’d buy a box of ammo there at the circle k. Dump the ammo in our pockets, and walk out to the desert. I remember even taking my .22 to show and tell.

My grandkids are the 6th generation to live in the valley.

Yes, I have hated all the changes outsiders have made.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Longhair1957 wrote: March 30th, 2022, 9:03 am Great grandpa came here in 1873, grandpa was born here in 1890, dad was born here in 1929, I was born here in 1957. Dad’s moms family also have been here since the 1870’s. Moms family came here from OK during the dust bowl. They came here as migrant field pickers.I watched Wallace and ladino everyday on KPHO channel 5!

I remember space between towns, the space was always fields for miles. Now, you can’t tell when you leave one town for another.
We used to walk to the circle k carrying our .22 rifles. We had to lean them outside the store. We’d buy a box of ammo there at the circle k. Dump the ammo in our pockets, and walk out to the desert. I remember even taking my .22 to show and tell.

My grandkids are the 6th generation to live in the valley.

Yes, I have hated all the changes outsiders have made.
One day I’ll be telling stories of buying things with cash, being able to buy CASES of ammo, my smelly gasoline car, going to the store to buy things.

Oh and having intercourse with people and not robots.

Live it up gents!

😂🤣😂
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

IMG_4892.JPG
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Yeah, It certainly will be the "good old days"
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

YNOTAZ wrote: March 30th, 2022, 8:15 am Yep, the changes we see are not good and unfortunately many are coming from California. They still have around 40,000 per month leaving Cali with a large number coming here, then voting to make this "just like home".
I figure 20-25 years and they sill have completed this, maybe less.

Then the idiots will rue AZ and start the process over again and do it to another state...then another...then another...all the while complaining yet making the same choices.