Spring BBQ shoot poll and sign up

This is the forum to use to start organizing events or planning for them, before scheduling them.

date available

1. March 26th
27%
2. April 2nd
45%
POLL HAS ENDED DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, 2ND IT IS.
9%
RJ
18%

Total votes: 11

knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Spring BBQ shoot poll and sign up

Post by knockonit »

Saturdays only, need sunday to recover from all the bullshite that will be flying around.

What i bring'
grills, utensils
tables chairs
sunshades
boog, brats and dogs, and anything else i stumble upon. buns of course, plates, ect.
sides someone else can bring or chips ect,
i'll have a cooler with ice, bring some drinks or bring a cooler full.

i'll have trash cans, and usual condiments.

that is all
Rj
Last edited by knockonit on March 12th, 2022, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

knockonit

Re: Spring BBQ shoot

Post by knockonit »

sign in and up, please, thanks RJ
kenpoprofessor

Re: Spring BBQ shoot poll and sign up

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Handicap access, with wheelchairs perhaps?????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Wheelchair bleechers! Thanks clyde!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Voted.

I understand the BBQ it’s the shooting I’m jazzed up about.

How does the shoot normally go? We all bring steel and go buck wild?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i do need folks to sign in, by pm if you like as i'll need an approx head count to figure some logistics out, someone will come along who is a organizer and share info on the shoot rules, pretty simple imo. lol. basic bull crapola.
anyway, please advise if coming and how many, as noted by pm is okay also
Rj
428cj

Post by 428cj »

knockonit wrote: March 7th, 2022, 8:02 pm i do need folks to sign in, by pm if you like as i'll need an approx head count to figure some logistics out, someone will come along who is a organizer and share info on the shoot rules, pretty simple imo. lol. basic bull crapola.
anyway, please advise if coming and how many, as noted by pm is okay also
Rj
I voted. :D
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

I'm in. Plus 1.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

DevilDocAZ wrote: March 7th, 2022, 6:10 pm Voted.
Let me try to answer:

The purpose is a fun gathering so folks who haven’t seen each other for a while or people that haven’t met get to do just that. Nobody want to have “rules” posted but I want to state some of the obvious so there are no questions.

Shooting etiquette and SAFETY at all times. This will be desert shooting and gathering. It is a gathering, not a sponsored or official event. You are responsible for you and whomever you bring.

For shooting, bring your own supplies, tables, chairs, rests, targets, etc. Folks may let you use their stuff, but rule is, you break it you bought it. People have banged someone else’s steel with AP ammo and ruined it, Not Cool.

A section will be designated for the range. When on the range, just common-sense stuff, this is for fun, but we are still handling deadly weapons: when the range is called cold, NO FIREARMS will be handled.

The area is generally safe but there should not be any cross-range shooting, if he/she can’t hit their target you shouldn’t help.

MCSO is watching this area so we don’t want anyone fined, no old appliances, no clay pigeons, no Tannerite. Paper, Steel, and biodegradable targets from your fruit trees, are all fine.

For eating and relaxing, bring your own chairs, snacks, drinks, shade, side dishes, BBQ grill, food truck, margarita stand, mariachi band, etc. It is desert, there are no bathroom facilities other than trees and bushes.

We want to leave this area as clean or as semi-clean as we found it so bring a garbage bag to remove your trash.

Ask any other questions and somebody will chime in to help to make sure we have a good meeting, burn some powder, and stay Jazzed.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YNOTAZ wrote: March 7th, 2022, 10:20 pm
DevilDocAZ wrote: March 7th, 2022, 6:10 pm Voted.
Let me try to answer:

The purpose is a fun gathering so folks who haven’t seen each other for a while or people that haven’t met get to do just that. Nobody want to have “rules” posted but I want to state some of the obvious so there are no questions.

Shooting etiquette and SAFETY at all times. This will be desert shooting and gathering. It is a gathering, not a sponsored or official event. You are responsible for you and whomever you bring.

For shooting, bring your own supplies, tables, chairs, rests, targets, etc. Folks may let you use their stuff, but rule is, you break it you bought it. People have banged someone else’s steel with AP ammo and ruined it, Not Cool.

A section will be designated for the range. When on the range, just common-sense stuff, this is for fun, but we are still handling deadly weapons: when the range is called cold, NO FIREARMS will be handled.

The area is generally safe but there should not be any cross-range shooting, if he/she can’t hit their target you shouldn’t help.

MCSO is watching this area so we don’t want anyone fined, no old appliances, no clay pigeons, no Tannerite. Paper, Steel, and biodegradable targets from your fruit trees, are all fine.

For eating and relaxing, bring your own chairs, snacks, drinks, shade, side dishes, BBQ grill, food truck, margarita stand, mariachi band, etc. It is desert, there are no bathroom facilities other than trees and bushes.

We want to leave this area as clean or as semi-clean as we found it so bring a garbage bag to remove your trash.

Ask any other questions and somebody will chime in to help to make sure we have a good meeting, burn some powder, and stay Jazzed.
Got it.

I just did t want to drag out the steel for the kid to shoot if it wasn’t allowed for some reason.

I’m new to the BBQ so I’ll have a few questions, I appreciate the reply.

Thank you.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

How about Full Auto DD and other NFA weapons?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Cmoor wrote: March 8th, 2022, 12:04 am How about Full Auto DD and other NFA weapons?
All NFA stuff is welcome, and we'll hope you'll share the toys so others can experience them. Of course, that means they bring their own ammo to the game if they want to play :mrgreen: This is America, and it's on "our land", so, we bring what we like.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yeehaw, as noted i'll have quite a bit of stuff, shade, the grill, ect. and of course tables and chairs for the gathering point.
it will be abit from the range line,
okay, then, hope to see many there, i'll check in daily as time allows to keep up with answers. many of the folks who have been along have posted some info. lotsa fun had, we used to take out a couple of electric throwers and shoot clays, but blm says no mo, bummer as it was a hoot to blast'm
rj
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Cmoor wrote: March 8th, 2022, 12:04 am How about Full Auto DD and other NFA weapons?
To limit the amount of attention we draw, how about we keep it 40mm or less for DD. We don't want anyone to think we are using illegal Tannerite.

For safety's sake leave your frag devices at home.

Full auto, Hell yeah....
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

YNOTAZ wrote: March 7th, 2022, 10:20 pm People have banged someone else’s steel with AP ammo and ruined it, Not Cool.
ok...first off it was NOT AP ammo, just run of the mill Russky surplus, and second off, it didn't RUIN his steel, just dinged it a bit and sent it flying.

C'mon, it was a dare, and he got over it (didn't he?!?).

I am in for either date, RJ. No preference.

I am sure that the munchkin will want to tag along, and I will see if her son wants to come too.

Anyone want me to bring out any particular guns? Many of you know what exotic toys I have, and I always try to bring something interesting, so if anyone has something they want to try out, let me know.

Normal rules: if I bring it, you feed it.