Tempe gun show

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
A_C Guy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Tempe gun show

Post by A_C Guy »

High Standard wrote: September 20th, 2020, 7:30 am What bothered me the most is the vendors that had some ammo that appeared that it had been around a while due to the shop wear on the boxes. It was all priced at similar prices to what is being paid on GB. I could be wrong, but if they have ammo where they bought it at pre panic prices and selling it for panic prices it smacks of gouging....
That's capitalism at it's best. The law of supply and demand in action.
Does not matter what the seller paid. Only matters what the buyer will pay.
Everyone is happy to sell their stuff during times of shortages at high prices, but then we listen to the same people complain when another person does the same.
Don't like his price? Don't complain here. Tell him and counter offer, the worst he can do is say "No." and maybe swear at you.

Gunbroker prices are driven up by people in other states that are used to paying $20 to $35 per box for 9mm at retail. To them, $600 per thousand is not a bad deal. If Biden wins, we may have to agree with them.

Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

I like how someone at the show put up an ad on Armslist saying he was selling a Glock 17 for $450 at the show....

Haha, yeah you are.... nice try
My66coupe

Post by My66coupe »

Was right down the street with me and I wasn’t able to go. Had a few friends go and say everything was typical overpriced bs.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I still have a few 140rd SA battlepacks I bought back in 1999 for $18 ea... a couple years ago when I looked they were selling for $125... when you could find them... do you think I will sell them now?... no
smithers599

Re: Tempe POLITICAL RALLY

Post by smithers599 »

First of all, it was not a Gun Show. It was a Second Amendment Rally. They could not get government permission for that many people for a gun show, but they were able to get permission for a political rally. So everybody stop saying "gun show"!

Here is my review of the Second Amendment Rally:

- Small venue, and the place was packed. Long line to get in. Hard to find a parking place.

- Masks were optional, and almost nobody wore them. I think most people have figured out by now that masks are a scam. Even with everybody packed in like sardines, I'm betting we don't see a big spike in Chicom Cooties cases among the attendees at the political rally.

- CCI Blazer 9mm, $700 for a case of 1000. But that is the same as everywhere else, so no surprise.

- I found an old yellow box of original Shelbyville, Indiana Super Vel 9mm. Hell yeah! $20, with only 41 rounds in the box. I was happy to pay that.

- My friend who collects Marlin .22s bought a takedown model for $500. He says it is worth three times that, then he babbled about the beveled edge on the screw, and other such collector geek stuff that is of no interest to normal people. He went home happy.

- I had a ball! It felt so good to finally get to go to a g_ , I mean, a political rally.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Well, the "political rally" is over, so now we can call it what it really was, a gun show. Which is what it was and marketed as
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

Gotta love the bog standard marlin model 60 for 450$ or the 550$ marlin 782 beater on a table.

Did find a deal on some 22 green tag for 10$ a box of 100.
So not a complete loss, there were a few actual deals.
Did see a 10/22 setup for 300, not bad.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

That’s a great price for Green Tag.
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

I went waited in line for 45 min and finally gave up. Didn't look like I was much closer to getting in than when I got there. Nephew went the next day and had no line to get in. He said that there was about 75 tables, not the 300 they advertised to be. Oh well now we waits for the next real show.......
Flash

Post by Flash »

A_C Guy wrote: September 20th, 2020, 2:00 pm That's capitalism at it's best. The law of supply and demand in action.
Does not matter what the seller paid. Only matters what the buyer will pay.
Everyone is happy to sell their stuff during times of shortages at high prices, but then we listen to the same people complain when another person does the same.
Don't like his price? Don't complain here. Tell him and counter offer, the worst he can do is say "No." and maybe swear at you.

Gunbroker prices are driven up by people in other states that are used to paying $20 to $35 per box for 9mm at retail. To them, $600 per thousand is not a bad deal. If Biden wins, we may have to agree with them.
I've got a Perazzi Competition I I bought in 1970 for $700.00 and a 1956 Colt Match Target with the 6" barrel I paid $33.33 for. Should I sell the one for $700.00 and the other for $33.33 to avoid price gouging my fellow gun owners?
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

so you don't feel bad... I'll give you $800 and $100 respectively... you include shipping?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

boys and gals gotta whine about something, dont they. lol
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

^^^
Seriously. It just felt so good to be at an actual gun show! (Or 2A rally, for the benefit of the Tempe City Government). High prices, junky merchandise, whatever; I still couldn't stop grinning. There were still bargains and good stuff to be found, as at all gun shows. Sadly, I did not see anybody selling jerky though. The Chinese virus may have had a devastating effect on the jerky industry.
hrandalldavis1
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by hrandalldavis1 »

Trying for days to get Tables at this Show. Talked to Promoter and was told I had Tables. His Gun Show Ad said $70. per 8 ft. Table.
Got Invoice from Harley Group actually putting on the show asking for $100. per table.
Called them. They said Promoters Ad was FAKE. Odd, all of the info was the same except for the Table Fees. Anyway, no longer feel comfortable going. Canceled Tables and Motel room.
Last person I spoke with gave me 40 miles of bad road excuses and sounded as if they had bitten off more than they could chew.
Be Careful.
Randy Davis
Tombstone, AZ