Prescott Valley Show

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
High Standard
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Prescott Valley Show

Post by High Standard »

Anyone here usually attend the Prescott Valley Show? I am curious if the show is fairly large with sellers from all over? Or is it more of a localized small venue with a limited number of sellers?

I am new to the area and had to miss the July show in Phoenix. Where I came from the shows were small with the same sellers with the same stock for sale at the same rip off prices.

Thanks!

High Standard

Re: Prescott Valley Show

Post by High Standard »

AZ1182 wrote: July 27th, 2020, 3:28 pm It has both. Are you going to the one this AUG on the 15th and 16th I take it? It's been hit or miss. Lots of tire kickers causing traffic jams in the aisles, scalpers taking advantage of the situation, and collector's doing their grail quests. If this one isn't being cancelled because of the Chinese virus scare, I'll be hopefully there to sell or trade my Ruger PC9.
Thanks for the input. I wanted to go to the Phoenix show but family responsibilities have priority. I am just an average buyer. Looking for some .22 ammo, reloading supplies, casting supplies, possibly a holster and I’ll be looking for something older to add to my rotation of shooters in my safe. I just believe in capitalism and I want to see multiple vendors competing for my dollars. I’m not cheap but I like getting a good deal. But even more so I like digging to find hard to find items.

The shows where I came from were boring with the same stuff and the same vendors year after year.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

When I was at that show last fall it was a buyer's market. I sold two private pistols at a good price right away. Now it's a seller's market. I don't remember seeing much in the way of reloading supplies. It's a laid back small show. Lots of the same gypsy dealers with the same guns as in the Phoenix shows. I don't know how they afford to go to all the shows.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

AZ Husker wrote: July 27th, 2020, 9:30 pm When I was at that show last fall it was a buyer's market. I sold two private pistols at a good price right away. Now it's a seller's market. I don't remember seeing much in the way of reloading supplies. It's a laid back small show. Lots of the same gypsy dealers with the same guns as in the Phoenix shows. I don't know how they afford to go to all the shows.
Thanks for the comments. That’s what I was afraid of. The small, localized shows seem to be this way. I’ll go any way cuz it is only 5 minutes from me and I have not been to a gun show here in AZ before. Maybe I’ll find some supplies I am looking for. I prefer to put some of my dollars back into the local economy over ordering online. I’ll still be going to the next Phoenix show as it is a good excuse to go visit my nephew down there at the same time.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

I always go for same thing to do. It has free parking and the kids like to get some nachos, every once in a while I find something I think I need as well.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

AZ1182 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 8:32 am The SAR Show in Phoenix the first weekend in DEC, is where it's at. That's the only gun show that I actually look forwatrd to seeing and where many of my friends meet up and we have lunch together.
I assume that is the 3 day show at the fairgrounds? So besides the fact it is a 3 day show, what is the difference between this show and the other 2 day shows around Phoenix?
Flash

Post by Flash »

High Standard wrote: July 29th, 2020, 5:49 am
AZ1182 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 8:32 am The SAR Show in Phoenix the first weekend in DEC, is where it's at. That's the only gun show that I actually look forwatrd to seeing and where many of my friends meet up and we have lunch together.
I assume that is the 3 day show at the fairgrounds? So besides the fact it is a 3 day show, what is the difference between this show and the other 2 day shows around Phoenix?
The difference is in the amount of vendors. They open up a building for the more exotic SAR items that's never used during the 2 day shows. So all the buildings are open and there are sellers in all of them and in addition, there are vendors under the tents in the middle of the venue.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate it.
curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by curt1950 »

It looks like the Prescott Valley show for Aug 15 has been canceled , bummer.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

curt1950 wrote: July 29th, 2020, 10:22 pm It looks like the Prescott Valley show for Aug 15 has been canceled , bummer.
Yeah, that sucks. I was looking forward to going.

Thanks for letting us know.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Same here. When I lived in Prescott I stopped attending the local shows as the items for sale were not worth the prices the venders were asking and selection was poor.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Now that I live in Surprise I'll look be looking to attend more of the local shows to see if they are worth attending.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

yeah, the SAR show is the only one I'll drive 200 miles to go... and spend for a motel room to go the next day... the ONLY one.
samnev

Post by samnev »

For those that are interested. There is another Prescott Vally show @ the Findley Center October 10th and 11th I believe. A friend of mine who is a big time dealer is bringing some really nice C&R weapons to the show.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

samnev wrote: October 1st, 2020, 7:32 am For those that are interested. There is another Prescott Vally show @ the Findley Center October 10th and 11th I believe. A friend of mine who is a big time dealer is bringing some really nice C&R weapons to the show.
I was wondering if it was going to be worthwhile for me to go. I’m a C&R fan so that made my decision for me. Thanks!