Rio Salado Swap meet 28 March 2020

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
muta4warrior
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Rio Salado Swap meet 28 March 2020

Post by muta4warrior »

Rio Salado Shooting Range will be having their spring swap meet on Sat 28 March from 9am to 4pm. This time it is only one day. It will be in the activity center just south of the main range. Parking and entry are 100% free for the public. Grab a shooting buddy or 4 and carpool on over and find some good items.

I'll have 2 tables over in the back left corner of the building that should be full of reloading gear.. presses, primers, bullets, brass and what ever else I can find to bring. Come by and say hey..

Razai

Re: Rio Salado Swap meet 28 March 2020

Post by Razai »

Can you give me any info on this swap meet? My brothers and I plan on attending, but my (I suck at) Google search turned up nothing but an events calendar. Is it a 2A-centric swap meet as it sounds to be? Are firearms bartered there? Anything you can elaborate on is appreciated.
If you prefer, you may email me atrazai723@gmail.com, or perhaps there are others who might benefit from your response here..?
Thanks very much,
Kyle
Flash

Post by Flash »

I'm a member at Rio Salado and have gone to every swap meet they have had.

Not sure what you're looking for. There may be one or two dealers there, the rest will be regular people. It is for guns and related things, reloading gear, etc.

People buying and selling there barter all the time. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I've done okay bartering at these.

Anything else specifically you're curious about?
thom

Post by thom »

Is it all gun related or can sellers bring other items, like a swap meet sort of setup?
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

Swap meet is decent but it's usually older members selling older stuff. Few vendors trying to sell overpriced AR's.

I have seen other's list everything on AZS they want to sell/trade and it's usually gone pretty quick if its swap meet prices.
Flash

Post by Flash »

The two best buys I got at the Rio Salado swap meet were a Dillon CV2001 vibratory cleaner NIB for $100.00 and two lexan custom made bullet/case dispensers that hold around 400 .45ACP each for $40.00.

Gotten a lot of bullets at cheap prices as well as a leather Winchester wallet I use for airline travel NIB for $10.00.

There are a ton of good deals there, far better than any other swap meet I've gone to.
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

Razai wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:33 pm Can you give me any info on this swap meet? My brothers and I plan on attending, but my (I suck at) Google search turned up nothing but an events calendar. Is it a 2A-centric swap meet as it sounds to be? Are firearms bartered there? Anything you can elaborate on is appreciated.
If you prefer, you may email me atrazai723@gmail.com, or perhaps there are others who might benefit from your response here..?
Thanks very much,
Kyle
Here is a link to the flyer for the swap meet.. https://www.rsscaz.com/assets/downloads ... t_2020.pdf
It is not a big gathering but has 90-100 tables. But it is free parking and admission.

I have mostly seen 2A related stuff in the past but may be the occasional non gun item here and there.
Yes firearms are bartered, there is a check-in table at the main door where they clear and strap it, then you are free to sell/trade as you see fit.

There have been some good buying deals for me, it all really depends on what you are looking for.

As stated in the first post, I'm going to have 2 tables with a bunch of estate stuff (lots of large pistol and rifle primers, bullets, some Dillon, Hornaday, Lee reloading presses, casting molds) I have aquired over the past year or so and am tired of storing it. I'm just looking to move everything and not have to take it back home with me.
Razai

Post by Razai »

Thanks very much
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

Just a heads up for the guys that was thinking of going to the Rio swap meet next weekend, they have postponed it till a date sometime in the future.
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks muta4warrior for 4 the info.
300mag

Post by 300mag »

Damn corona virus
Papago

Post by Papago »

Let us know of reschedule date when it is announced, please?
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

My thought right now is setting up two tables in my garage next week with all the stuff I was going to bring to the swap meet this weekend. Will probably have the stuff available to small groups Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week. I'm working on another estate sale that I hoping to finalize by Monday, this one has mostly guns and ammo. The last couple estates have had mostly reloading gear. If this is going to happen, I'll post up in here.
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

Thanks for the information.
Joelafives

Post by Joelafives »

What approx part of town are you thinking?