Mesa this weekend

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
rbking
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Mesa this weekend

Post by rbking »

Go a e-mail from crossroads. There gunshow, is going to be in Mesa this weekend. To me, it seems that they are putting it on. To close to the big Phoenix show. But what do I know?

DRTDIVR

Re: Mesa this weekend

Post by DRTDIVR »

With SAR around the corner it would seem so.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

There is always a Mesa gun show in November.

Are you saying that there are too many gun shows?
Flash

Post by Flash »

It seems to me that Crossroads never gets it right.

They either have too many shows in a given year or not enough. Or a bunch together, then a long dry spell.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Flash wrote: November 21st, 2019, 12:21 pm It seems to me that Crossroads never gets it right.

They either have too many shows in a given year or not enough. Or a bunch together, then a long dry spell.
This is very true. One gun show every quarter is adequate to keep demand up and lure enough visitors.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

So today we are complaining about too many gun shows? What next, complaining about too many gun stores?

There should be gun shows every day, on every street! :-)
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It's not a complaint....it's poor marketing. Flood the market with gun shows every 2-3 weeks and you flood the market with supply (gun shows), and demand (attendance) goes down.

I stopped going to the Mesa gun shows because I kept seeing the same vendors in the same spots, with the same overpriced guns on their tables. I had more luck finding interesting guns for sale by just setting up a folding chair out front, and asking people what they were selling.

Every vendor charges sales tax, and most of the time I can find the same item online for cheaper, including the transfer fee. My big hobby at gun shows is picking one or two guns, and seeing the huge range of prices vendors are charging. Last show I went to it was the Sig P365XL; I saw prices from $539 up to $640 (the two vendors were 50 feet apart!)

The only thing I end up buying any more is beef jerky.

The SAR show is really the only interesting show that happens, and even that is becoming repetitive.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Well, there ya go. You can't have too much beef jerky!

I think by putting the shows close together, attendance goes down. When attendance (demand) goes down, and the numbers of guns/vendors (supply) stays the same, the sellers are a little more anxious to make a sale, and prices should go down. Did I remember that right from Econ 1? Let me ask Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez; she has a master's degree in economics.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Don't ask her if you want the correct answer. She's living proof that a lot of college teachers won't flunk anybody.
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

If it was poor marketing they would be losing money. Don't think they are. Drive out to the Mesa show and drive the parking lot. It's FREE, so that's nice. Look at the plates - Snowbirds: Lots of time, nothing to do, extra money and close to "home". It's a perfect storm!
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

You would think prices would go down...but they haven't (there is a fixed cost involved and they aren't in the business to loose money). What I do see is vendors skipping shows, and only going to the larger Phoenix fair grounds shows. I used to see the multiple vendors at both the Mesa and Phoenix shows, but no longer.

The only reason I go the Mesa show is because of the free parking, and it's 15 minutes from my house. I haven't gone into the actual show for a while (maybe 1 in 3 shows I will pay to go inside hoping to see something different, but I never do). I can accomplish what I need to without going inside.

I wonder how many more people would attend the Phoenix shows if parking wasn't $10-$18 (they raise it significantly for the SAR show :evil: ). Not to mention the ticket price goes up to $21 (it may be more now)...but it's good for all 3 days! :doh:
Flash

Post by Flash »

Mrs. Flash and I have free VIP tickets for any 2019 Crossroads show, so they'll be used for SAR. I've never seen parking over $10.00 for the SAR show, but perhaps you're thinking about the cost for 3 days?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

OMG the hate on the gun shows and parking, wait for it, wait for it....... the body stink thread, get ready here it comes. and oh wait, theres more. lol
:dance: