Chandler Gun Show (American Legion)

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Chandler Gun Show (American Legion)

Post by smithers599 »

Went to the Chandler gun show today, just for jollies.
American Legion, north side of Chandler Blvd., just west of Dobson.
Small venue, but to my delight, a really good show!
I mostly saw a bunch of old-timers, trying to sell off their accumulations before they kick the bucket. And it was beautiful stuff. Great old revolvers, Colts and Smith & Wessons, and one I haven't seen for a long time -- a Ruger Service Six with 2 3/4" barrel. One old boy had a bunch of high-dollar 1911s. Half a dozen Wilsons, Ed Brown, a couple of Colt factory engraved and even a Colt .38 Super factory comp. Prices out of my league, but half the MSRP. Saw two tables selling NIB Ruger LCPs for only $200. 1917 Enfields, old Winchester lever actions, Ruger Precision .22, a S&W Model 29 5-screw made in the late 1950s.

Not as much AR15 stuff as I have seen at the Mesa Centennial show, but overall, an enjoyable experience.

Flash

Re: Chandler Gun Show (American Legion)

Post by Flash »

Yeah, the shows at the American Legion tend to be mostly older stuff, collector stuff, things like that.

They are fun, though.
Cooperdisciple

Re: Chandler Gun Show (American Legion)

Post by Cooperdisciple »

I was there too.
Always fun and less jewelry, jerky, and distractions than the bigger shows.
Plus the folks are always nice. You can sit outside and people watch, food is good, and they give a discount on admissions to vets.
It is small and when the snowbirds get here, crowded.