Gunshow this weekend at AZ Fairgrounds

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
walmartishere
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Gunshow this weekend at AZ Fairgrounds

Post by walmartishere »

Is the Phoenix Gun Show this weekend at Arizona State Fairgrounds any good? I recently moved into the area, and the only gun show I've been to in Phoenix was full of duds and people trying to move low-quality $200 semi-auto shotguns.

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gunshow this weekend at AZ Fairgrounds

Post by QuietM4 »

Good? Depends on what you want to get out of it. You won't find any "good" deals...that's what the Internet is for. But, if you just want to walk around and marvel at all the overpriced firearms, it's a good time.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Welcome aboard here, Sir. I would definitely encourage you to go. It's the largest show you will see here aside from the combined CrossRoads/SAR show in December. There are diamonds to be found in-the-rough, ...it's just that there's a lot of rough, LOL. The weather is still nice, and if you are a strong walker, you can save $12 by parking off-side and walking into the fairgrounds.
thom

Post by thom »

Is anyone here volunteering at the AZCDL table?Just curious who I will meet there this time.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

This is definitely one of the larger gun shows. I've found some decent deals here and there. Great place to sell stuff, lots of people walking around with signs etc.

Sometimes there are good prices on ammo.

I also enjoy looking around and especially like seeing old guns. I'm not a collector of old stuff, but it's pretty cool seeing guns from the 1800's.

Like others have said you really have to sift through the rough stuff. Last year a friend of mine and I went and he got a great deal on a Glock 45 (on Sunday) from a home based FFL.
walmartishere

Post by walmartishere »

It sounds like I should pay it a visit, then; thanks for the info, guys!
thom

Post by thom »

It sure was busy this morning. I even met and renewed Pipedoc for his AZCDL membership. Powder prices at Miwall had only gone up a couple of $$$ from the SAR show, which I thought was pretty good.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I was there just on Sunday. However, I assume Bob Templeton must've made the announcement more than once. I heard him asking for FFLs willing to do transfers at the next, upcoming shows. In context, I think he was referring to 'private party' transfers. It seemed as that was his interpretation of what must be done under the heinous new ATF 'rule's.

Did anyone else happen to hear his request/s?