Glendale Show 1/5/24. One to Miss

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
dsgrntldPW22
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Glendale Show 1/5/24. One to Miss

Post by dsgrntldPW22 »

Went to the show at Glendale Civic Center today. Might be worth $10, but definitely not the $15 they want. Quite small with a limited selection really. Prices were across the board from what I saw. If you went to one at the Martin Auto Museum recently it was much larger and better. Unless there is more area available in the Civic Center it is really a poor venue.

tunnug
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Glendale Show 1/5/24. One to Miss

Post by tunnug »

Who ran it? out here the last show from CrossRoads was the same way, tiny, wanting a lot to get in plus you have to pay for parking, there's another one this weekend, wonder how it was/is.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I go to these smaller ones to see what walks in the door looking to be sold. Folks who hear gun shows are a good place to sell something off but don't go often enough to know how it works or what is a good show will end up at these smaller ones and quickly disappointed that they aren't getting any action. If they have something I'm interested in, I'll saunter on over and see how desperate they appear to be to get any sort of funds. I've succeeded a few times at that Glendale show snagging some decent stuff. Got myself a good deal on a Springfield Prodigy about 6 months back. A Number of years ago I got a really nice original Armalite AR-180 there.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I went today, it's an Az Gun Radio event. I scored a deal on some nice grips, enought to offset my entry, for sure. Saw several deals on guns that I have already owned and lost interest in over time. So, take heart, LOL. Bitzy Mama's for Mexican, or Little Saigon for Vietnamese, are both an easy block or two walk from where you park. No parking fee BS, either. Horses for courses....
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I decided to mosey on over and check it out, just to see how badly attended it was on such a rainy and cold day. So glad I did. I came across a fellow with a H&R special limited edition .300 AAC Blackout Handi-Rifle, unfired with bipod and scope. He even had the original box from when he bought it 10 years ago. It just sat in his safe for 10 years and he decided to liquidate it. He was asking $600. I offered $500. And now I own an awesome little suppressor host for those days I just want to slowly while away the hours stretching out the ammo supply. It'll also be great for new shooters like kids and ladies. I need to load up some powder-puff mouse-fart rounds for it.
H&R .300blk handi rifle.jpg