Did anyone go to the SAR show today? If so... how was it?

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Did anyone go to the SAR show today? If so... how was it?

Post by QuietM4 »

arizcowboy wrote: December 4th, 2023, 7:56 pm Almost bought a new Glock 18 for $415 but decided to pass.
Cool story, bro. Not worth a penny over $400, IMO.

I'm going to guess you fat fingered the '8' key instead of the '7' or a '9' in that sentence.

revlimit
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by revlimit »

I went all 3 days. Friday, I managed to get what I needed for fair price and get few items bellow the current value. Idea is to buy from people who are getting rid of their stash and didn't even lookup current prices of those items. Saturday was the busiest and I was looking for more deals, the show was busy, plenty of people. On Sunday I went to just low ball the items that some vendors wanted too much for them. Some of the vendors are clearly there just for gun show experience and socializing, I would stand there trying to get their attention because they are too busy talking to somebody at their table and I just want to buy the item real quick.
Quake_Guy

Post by Quake_Guy »

Kind of marginal compared to years past. Found a deal on a couple items that comped my admission but that was it. Got a ton of stuff last year so I guess it all evens out.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

A lot of the SAR vendors were quite unhappy with the turnout this year. Most started packing up several hours early on Sunday afternoon. Not a lot of buyers, just lookers. I think the trend of "good deals" at guns shows has clearly ended...some say it ended a few years ago (it did, IMO). Gun show buyers these days are largely new gun owners and/or people who don't know what they are looking at, and are easily talked into low quality goods by a smooth talking salesman. The amount of erroneous information I overhear while walking past tables is laughable.