Rio Salado Swap Meet 1 April 2023

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
muta4warrior
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Rio Salado Swap Meet 1 April 2023

Post by muta4warrior »

Just a heads up... Rio just posted the swap meet event on the calendar. A one day swap meet 1 April 8am-3pm, free parking and admission. I'll have 2 tables set up with all my misc stuff that will need a new home.

Feal

Re: Rio Salado Swap Meet 1 April 2023

Post by Feal »

I was reading about a previous swap meet- are you not allowed to walk around with guns to sell? Can you walk around with a list or would they get mad at that.
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

Can't say what is officially allowed or not, But I have seen people walking around with papers on their chest listing what they have for sale.
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

That reminded me of what gun shows used to be. Very few dealers, and mostly just people like you and I. There were deals to be had for sure. I left all the money I brought there. I am going to have to plan on attending with more money next time!
Feal

Post by Feal »

i went to the show and liked the environment a lot more than the crossroads shows. Didnt see that many deals (best i saw was a sporterized m1 carbine with paratrooper stock for 700) but prices were reasonable. got some 30 cal brass and some 38 1911 mags
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

I went,got rejected at the door because i had a small backpack on my back.Was told all backpacks were not allowed inside the building.Returned backpack-less.Saw various deals on 9mm and .38 Super ammo,upon inspection of ammo inside boxes-found it was all reloads.The owners didnt volunteer any info on ammo other than its a good deal.Left it alone.Saw some cheap scope mounts-on Amazon for $20-at Swap meet for $80 .There were a few with scams going on.
I kinda got scammed,but not.One guy had some Glock parts,had a new 3.0 connector for glocks.Bought for $5.Inspected it,was legit and new.Normally $30.Walked by a second time and he had another one out,bought it also for $5.Didnt look at it,both were in the packages.When i got home and did a close inspection realized i fell for the scam on the second one.It was a standard takeoff glock connector and not a 3.0 connector.So i paid $10 for one $30 connector.I did find a brand new 1911 Hogue Extreme grips for $15,these go for around $110.00 Saw some Cobra mags less the Cobra mag followers in them,they had switched out the nice followers for standard shooting star followers.Had to keep your eyes open.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

The first Rio swap meet was great...they are getting progressively worse.
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

It was a descent showing, sold off a little bit of unwanted stuff and picked up some things. Got a decent buy on a set of Mitutoyo digital calipers and Wheeler bit set for the toolbox at the shop. Found 2 boxes of Winchester small pistol primers for $60 a box for my buddy, he was happy. Baja stopped by the table, was good to chat with him for a bit.
baja

Post by baja »

Picked up a folding knife roll, couldn't beat the price. Thanks muta4warrior. ;)
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

baja wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 6:06 am Picked up a folding knife roll, couldn't beat the price. Thanks muta4warrior. ;)
Glad you can use it, and yes it was hard to beat the price... :mrgreen: